Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 06, 2010, 03:34:06 PM
their tostado nachos are lovely

Lovely?  Dude.....no. 

Quotethose sw egg rolls are good too

Admitedly, these are my favorite thing on their menu.  In fact, it's the only "must have" item on their menu.  And it's not because they are out of this world good, they are just that much better than everything else on their menu.   

even their hamburgers are edible...which is really saying something for a chain

Agreed.  Not great, but not the worst I've ever had and certainly better than similar style resturaunts. 

and just talking about this makes me wanna dip my scroat into an el nino

As long as it's while the blender is still in the "on" position, I can fully support and encourage this. 

rjs246

Look I'm the first to attack other people's eating habits. People are fat and gross and stupid and the restaurants they eat at contribute mightily to these facts, but Chili's is so far above other big chain places in terms of food and drink that there isn't really any comparison. Fatties.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

charlie

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 06, 2010, 03:34:06 PM
chilis is not even close to horrible...its validly good CHAIN food...and the ONLY good LARGE chain food

their tostado nachos are lovely

those sw egg rolls are good too

even their hamburgers are edible...which is really saying something for a chain

and just talking about this makes me wanna dip my scroat into an el nino

And if you eat enough of their nachos and southwest eggrolls... the only thing that will let you lay your scroat on it would be the el nino.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 06, 2010, 03:07:21 PM
what i really need to know is who owns chilis because thats my MA restuarant of choice...chick fila i might go to twice a year so even if i stopped they wouldnt miss me...but i put a couple mortgage payments a year on el nino margaritas alone

Wikipedia is your friend.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Geowhizzer on May 06, 2010, 03:48:30 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on May 06, 2010, 03:07:21 PM
what i really need to know is who owns chilis because thats my MA restuarant of choice...chick fila i might go to twice a year so even if i stopped they wouldnt miss me...but i put a couple mortgage payments a year on el nino margaritas alone

Wikipedia is your friend.

And that's why I attempt to avoid chain resturants at all costs.  They are corporate products that were born through brainstorming sessions and focus groups, rather than simply an idea that some dude had and went into action.  Everything about those resturaunts are so carefully crafted and designed based on research and data and surveys, etc, etc.  Everything from the name, the look and layout of the place, the menu design, the decor, the name of the food.  It's all fake. 

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyGirl

Ninety Nine is a decent "chain" restaurant.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

rjs246

People get shot at the 99s in Boston. It's neat.

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

like i said, they just put a sonic in quakertown...and i don't see the big deal, their food isn't that good. i guess people like the drive-in novelty, but i really don't find anything redeeming about it
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

maybe people like their commericals, but i agree, completely overrated
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

Sonic is ok...kind of pricey. Some of their drinks are pretty good (Ocean Water, etc).

Chili's is the shtein. Everything on the menu is loaded with calories, but I'll indulge once in awhile. Its by far the best chain joint out there.

Rome

i've never wished harder for all your deaths.