Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 29, 2008, 08:09:36 PM
do you really wanna be known as having invented the fish taco....as if thats a source of great pride

I got a kick out of seeing methdeez get all upset over me saying it was invented in San Diego. As if knowing the history of the fish taco was a source of great pride. Maybe that's what he'll be remembered for.

Susquehanna Birder

Time to revive this thread, I guess.

Had an anniversary dinner at Bolete, in Bethlehem. We decided to partake in a 6-course dinner, with courses and wine pairings personally selected by the chef. The meal was pricey, and it took three hours from start to finish, but it was easily the best meal I've ever eaten.

Sgt PSN

i saw this new place pop up in town about a month or so ago claiming that they have authentic cheesesteaks.  had no intention of going in but yesterday i heard a radio ad for them and they have all of their ingredients brought in from philly....most importantly the rolls.  mmmmm....amaroso rolls.  they also have tasteykake, birch beer and a few other philly flavors shipped in as well so maybe i'll give them a try.  even if the steaks suck, at least i can get me some chocolate juniors.  :drool  i'll be sure to post my report as i'm sure you will not get a good night's sleep until you know if it's any good or not.   

Rome

if you continue to misspell amoroso and tastykake we're going to have to have you liquidated.

ps: amoroso rolls suck.

SunMo

they aren't great, but if you were living in MA, they would be better than whatever is there
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SunMo on January 13, 2010, 07:48:38 PM
they aren't great, but if you were living in MA, they would be better than whatever is there

i've seen all types of substitutes used throughout my travels.....pita bread, french rolls and in one godforsaken place, regular bread. 

Susquehanna Birder

Sgt PSN

in an effort to reconnect with inner redneck i'm eating some frito pie for dinner.  so simple.  so good. 

DH

I had my first Arby's beef and cheddar on Monday..then I had my second on Tuesday, third yesterday and can't wait for my fourth today. Those farging things are heaven on a roll.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Welcome to the world of married guys who don't give a shtein what we eat as long as it tastes good.  When you're down south, have yourself some Bojangles.

Mad-Lad

Quote from: Die-Hard on April 22, 2010, 10:07:52 AM
I had my first Arby's beef and cheddar on Monday..then I had my second on Tuesday, third yesterday and can't wait for my fourth today. Those farging things are heaven on a roll.

haven't had a beef and cheddar since I was employed at Arbys (1991-ish). They kick ass from what I remember. The Jamocha shakes are the bomb though.

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: Die-Hard on April 22, 2010, 10:07:52 AM

*High five*
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Tomahawk

Waffle House has an omelet that comes smothered with Chili and it's delicious

Rome

There's a new Italian joint in town here and the owners are from South Jersey.  I had the stromboli tonight and I swear to Dio it was the best stromboli ever. 

The marinara sauce that it came with tasted like it was straight outta South Philly.  Just hot chunky red sauce with a hint of hot that was probably red pepper flake and about a dozen other fresh herbs and spices.   They coated the outside of the thing with olive oil and garlic and baked it till it was golden brown.  The inside was loaded with ham, salami, cappy, onion & fresh mozzarella.

The family had a broccoli rabe (yes!) white pizza that was just ridiculous.

20 goddamn years I've lived in this shteinhole and finally we get a real taste of home.

Yay!

PhillyPhreak54