Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: FastFreddie on April 19, 2007, 07:43:53 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 19, 2007, 07:22:49 PM
Quote from: Beermonkey on April 18, 2007, 09:23:44 PM
If you ever in the area, stop by Kenney's Madison Tavern in Warminster for their wings. I'm very, very picky about my wings, but could eat these 7 days a week.
Where at in Warminster?

Google helps you find things!
Its 5 minutes from my house and I passed it the other day

Beermonkey

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 20, 2007, 11:44:13 AM
If you ever in the area, stop by Kenney's Madison Tavern in Warminster for their wings. I'm very, very picky about my wings, but could eat these 7 days a week.
Where at in Warminster?

Ha, may be I'll see you there sometime. I usually go on Friday's under the guise of "picking up food for my family", then spend 2 hours there.

If you're looking for girls, it's not a good place, but the food is usually pretty good (as far as bar food goes). They have a good tv setup, so I'll normally go there for games when my family gets on my nerves.

Phanatic

Quote from: phattymatty on April 19, 2007, 06:51:29 PM
Last night I met a friend at this place in Denver called Wynkoop, apparently it's America's oldest brewery.  Anyway, I had chili beer, brewed with some kind of ancho chiles, and it was pretty nasty.  i did have about 6-7 other delicious ones though.  i'm not used to drinking microbrews, my head was a disaster all day.

http://www.yuengling.com/
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Beermonkey on April 20, 2007, 12:06:07 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 20, 2007, 11:44:13 AM
Where at in Warminster?

Ha, may be I'll see you there sometime. I usually go on Friday's under the guise of "picking up food for my family", then spend 2 hours there.

If you're looking for girls, it's not a good place, but the food is usually pretty good (as far as bar food goes). They have a good tv setup, so I'll normally go there for games when my family gets on my nerves.
I forgot you lived in Warminster, I'm livin in Jefferson on the Creek next to the Davisville shopping center with my g/f.  I'll have to check it out.

Rome

Quote from: Butchers Bill on April 19, 2007, 09:57:57 PM
I just destroyed two wiz with from Tony Lukes.  Screw the fancy food...those two steaks were better than anything else I could have had right now.

I wish I had the power to kill people by solely using telepathy.

:'(

phattymatty

Quote from: Phanatic on April 20, 2007, 12:17:20 PM
Last night I met a friend at this place in Denver called Wynkoop, apparently it's America's oldest brewery.  Anyway, I had chili beer, brewed with some kind of ancho chiles, and it was pretty nasty.  i did have about 6-7 other delicious ones though.  i'm not used to drinking microbrews, my head was a disaster all day.

ha, i actually said the same thing to them.  i used to hit the yuengling brewery every now and then in high school.  they didn't know my answer.  i'm thinking maybe they mean brewpub, as it's a restaurant as well. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 20, 2007, 12:23:47 PM
I forgot you lived in Warminster, I'm livin in Jefferson on the Creek next to the Davisville shopping center with my g/f.  I'll have to check it out.

Warminster is for lovers.

Beermonkey

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 20, 2007, 12:23:47 PMI forgot you lived in Warminster, I'm livin in Jefferson on the Creek next to the Davisville shopping center with my g/f.  I'll have to check it out.

I live right behind you.

We had a hard time finding a place to eat that we all liked in that immediate area. The General Davis Inn wings aren't bad, but I almost got in a fight the first time I went there, so I never went back. I used to go to Calloway's over in Huntingdon Valley but got tired of it my favorite (hot) bartender quit. There's a different (unrelated) Kenney's on Street Road down in Feasterville that is nice, but I don't go there because my kids don't like it.

There's an italian place called Augusto's also up on Madison Ave that I have heard several good things about, though it's BYOB.

SD_Eagle5

I've been to Kenny's on St. road a bunch of times, do you remember when it was a shteinhole dive bar? They did a nice job of rebuilding it. Food there is excellent too.
General Davis is cool in the summer because of the outdoor deck, lots of dumb drunk chicks, never was a big fan of their food. Mt. Fuji on second st. pike has a nice indoor hibachi and decent sushi if you like Japanese food. For pizza and shtein like that I usually go to Schiano's in the Davisville shopping center. Hit Roman Delight on St. rd. up a few times, they have some decent specials, usually some decent beer on tap. Vader's on 2nd st. pike is good but pricey, and if you don't mind the travel Tomatoes in Doylestown is pretty good.
For our local diner we usually hit up Warminster West (FF prefers latenights at the Suburban diner followed by a lapdance at the Oakford Inn), not the best diner in the world, but its close and convenient.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Eagle Diner on York Rd in Hatboro/Warminster is fine, but Suburban is king.

I've never actually set foot in the Oakford Inn, but I've heard they have some hella good nachos.

SD_Eagle5

Only Eagle diner I know of is in Bensalem. My buddy drug me into the Oakford Inn after a night of drinking about 9 years ago, the girl dancing had a nice c section scar.

Father Demon

Quote from: phattymatty on April 20, 2007, 01:33:56 PM
Quote from: Phanatic on April 20, 2007, 12:17:20 PM

ha, i actually said the same thing to them.  i used to hit the yuengling brewery every now and then in high school.  they didn't know my answer.  i'm thinking maybe they mean brewpub, as it's a restaurant as well. 

I've been to Wynkoop for dinner before.  They brought out whatever it was that we ordered, and it was too cold to eat.  We sent it back, and the waitress brought out new dished for us, but didn't offer a comp or anything, which kind of pissed us off.  The manager brought us out our bill, which was for a grand total of $0.00, and told he took care of everything for us.  That included two dinners, and about 8 beers we had ordered.  That is serious customer service!!   :yay
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Beermonkey

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 20, 2007, 03:31:54 PM
I've been to Kenny's on St. road a bunch of times, do you remember when it was a shteinhole dive bar? They did a nice job of rebuilding it. Food there is excellent too.
General Davis is cool in the summer because of the outdoor deck, lots of dumb drunk chicks, never was a big fan of their food. Mt. Fuji on second st. pike has a nice indoor hibachi and decent sushi if you like Japanese food. For pizza and shtein like that I usually go to Schiano's in the Davisville shopping center. Hit Roman Delight on St. rd. up a few times, they have some decent specials, usually some decent beer on tap. Vader's on 2nd st. pike is good but pricey, and if you don't mind the travel Tomatoes in Doylestown is pretty good.
For our local diner we usually hit up Warminster West (FF prefers latenights at the Suburban diner followed by a lapdance at the Oakford Inn), not the best diner in the world, but its close and convenient.

I'm surprised that I haven't run into you yet, since you have named pretty much everywhere I go, especially Schiano's. I forgot about Mt Fuji, I just took my parents there when they were in last month. I've never had a bad meal there yet. My kids like the belgian waffles at the Warminster Diner, so we probably go there more than any other. I like going to Mike's Bar & Grill on York road, but since my kids heard it was haunted, they will never go there.

You will occasionally find me at that shteinhole bar (Karp's) in the Davisville center that has a big red "PUB" on it. I used to go there a lot because they had Heineken on tap & it was cheap, though they replaced it with Yuengling, thereby making it even a shteintier hole. I would always sneak there when I told my wife that I was going to ACME.

SD_Eagle5

I always call that place 'Pub', never knew it had another name. I was gonna stop in there a few months back but picked up a case instead. I frequent that Acme at least once a week. Schiano's has some great pasta dishes.
I ate at Mike's B&G 2 weeks ago, what's the story behind the haunting? Never heard that before.

Edit: (Found this regarding the haunting)
QuoteWarminster - Mike's York Street Bar & Grill (formerly the Warminster Inn) - In 1791 a woman named Penelope was raped and murdered and if you're alone in the attic at 12:00 midnight, the lights will go out and her ghost will circle the building.

Susquehanna Birder

http://www.wynkoop.com/history2.html

QuoteThe Wynkoop Brewing Company, Colorado's oldest brew pub, was founded in 1988. It is housed in the glorious J. S. Brown Mercantile Building.