Sports Suffering Cities (updated thru '19 Washington Nationals)

Started by ice grillin you, January 28, 2006, 11:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can understand not undersatnding hockey....its not the easiest sport to get into with its many nuances.....whereas lacrosse is for rich acne scarred simpleton steroid abusers...it cant require intelligence to follow or else it would lose all its fans

there is no more fighting in hockey.....there might be five fights a week in the league now

the cost to go to the game is valid...but that isnt a reason to like lacorsse more its a reason to go to a game...but really not even that...theres a reason it costs so little...beacuse it SUCKS and if it cost anymore noone would go
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

everything I said is valid...suck it, racist.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

im a hip-hop loving civil rights supporting racist hockey fan

Rome

Have you ever been to an indoor lacrosse match?  Have you ever seen one on television?  Or are you simply posting out of your ass as usual, IGY?

ice grillin you

i have been to lacrosse outdoor games...i have watched parts of indoor games...i personally know numerous lacrosse players...i have bar brawled many times with lacrosse players...the sport sucks and the culture behind it is even worse

but enjoy your indoor games because the players arent overpaid...btw what is the going rate for indoor lacrosse palyers and how much do they have to make before they are "overpaid hoydas"

Diomedes

The "culture" behind any sport sucks.  Jocks suck.  They're stupid, bullying, pampered, jerks.  To claim lax has a worse "culture" behind it than hockey is ridiculous.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Geowhizzer

All kidding aside, indoor lacrosse (how long has it been since they've called it box lacrosse) is a blast to watch.  It's just nearly impossible to find.

But, of course, I love hockey, too.  It just seems that Bettman and his evil henchmen have taken the soul out of the game.  And I don't necessarily mean the fighting.   The physicality of the game just isn't what it used to be.  You bump into someone, you go off for two minutes, nearly every damn time. 

It's almost like they took the NFL and made them play flag football.  It just isn't quite the same.

ice grillin you

The "culture" behind any sport sucks.  Jocks suck.  They're stupid, bullying, pampered, jerks.  To claim lax has a worse "culture" behind it than hockey is ridiculous.

american youth hockey has similarities to lacrosse in that it is a very privledged group...but youth hockey in amercia in not even a close reprsentation of hockey as a whole...

of course all sports have individual players like this but none comes close to containing the almost secret society feel that encompasses lacrosse...

Sgt PSN

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

I don't like to throw that term around. 

SunMo

i don't care, boy.  if you're going to do a movie line, you do it mother farging right.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 07, 2007, 08:58:32 AM
i have been to lacrosse outdoor games...i have watched parts of indoor games...i personally know numerous lacrosse players...i have bar brawled many times with lacrosse players...the sport sucks and the culture behind it is even worse

but enjoy your indoor games because the players arent overpaid...btw what is the going rate for indoor lacrosse palyers and how much do they have to make before they are "overpaid hoydas"

So you're saying you know almost nothing about the sport of indoor lacrosse or the NLL?

That's just about what I figured. 

What I can't figure out is why you have an opinion about a sport you know almost nothing about.   You do that a lot, IGY.  You realize that, right??

Sgt PSN

I like lamp. 

I love annoying SunMo. 

SunMo