Week 3 - Colts: The Prodigal Son Returns

Started by MDS, September 16, 2018, 05:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: Rome on September 24, 2018, 10:47:34 PM
The games I've seen thus far have been excruciating.  Not just Eagles games either.  The shtein we're being fed by the NFL isn't football.  It's namby pamby PC bullshtein.   What's happened is they've allowed the lawyers and insurance companies to legislate away the excitement of the game by all but disallowing violent contact.  Basically it's glorified flag football and a heavily regulated & sissified version at that.

this is as trump supporter as anything ive ever read

they dont want qbs getting hurt because qb injuries kill ratings and fantasy stats. its simple. the rules are there to prevent the qbs from getting touched. the sport depends on healthy, good qbs.

some of the RPT calls are ridiculous. hopefully they fix.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

I don't have a problem with them trying to take some of the violence out of the game. I do have a problem with the games being constantly interrupted and shaped by referees.

Kind of ridiculous to watch a sport where the action takes place in ten second bursts once a minute, and then half of that action is being undone by penalties. No one who didn't grow up with the game is going to be attracted to watching that.

Rome

Quote from: MDS on September 24, 2018, 10:59:40 PM
Quote from: Rome on September 24, 2018, 10:47:34 PM
The games I've seen thus far have been excruciating.  Not just Eagles games either.  The shtein we're being fed by the NFL isn't football.  It's namby pamby PC bullshtein.   What's happened is they've allowed the lawyers and insurance companies to legislate away the excitement of the game by all but disallowing violent contact.  Basically it's glorified flag football and a heavily regulated & sissified version at that.

this is as trump supporter as anything ive ever read

they dont want qbs getting hurt because qb injuries kill ratings and fantasy stats. its simple. the rules are there to prevent the qbs from getting touched. the sport depends on healthy, good qbs.

some of the RPT calls are ridiculous. hopefully they fix.

No one gives a farg about you or your opinion. 

Rome

Quote from: QB Eagles on September 24, 2018, 11:06:00 PM
I don't have a problem with them trying to take some of the violence out of the game. I do have a problem with the games being constantly interrupted and shaped by referees.

Kind of ridiculous to watch a sport where the action takes place in ten second bursts once a minute, and then half of that action is being undone by penalties. No one who didn't grow up with the game is going to be attracted to watching that.

Football is a violent game.  It's always been that way from the start.  Legislating aggression out of the game will ruin it.  That's the real problem they're facing.  Football isn't even football anymore.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Huge difference between trying to take the head shots out and throwing a flag for falling on (or breathing on) a QB.

SD

JPP grazed Rapelisbergers helmet last night and was flagged for roughing the passer. Reminded me of when Trent Cole grazed Peyton Manning's helmet and was flagged years ago

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 25, 2018, 08:29:28 AM
Huge difference between trying to take the head shots out and throwing a flag for falling on (or breathing on) a QB.

yea i mean this is fair take

flags so far this year are up about 1 per game from last season and 2 from a decade ago. pretty easy to guess where that extra flag is coming from. so on the whole its not like theres more holding penalties than before. they just need to fix up what constitutes RTP or at least make it reviewable

Diomedes

I saw that play and cursed the NFL.

If QB injuries so drastically cut the money stream that they must be protected regardless the effect is has on the game, why not disallow sacks entirely?  Relegate the D line to solely a run-stopping function, put more players in coverage, and give the fans/gamblers a product that routinely yields combined final scores in triple digits.   Would have fewer penalties to slow the game down, and everyone gets more money.  Win win!
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on September 25, 2018, 09:22:52 AM
pretty easy to guess where that extra flag is coming from.

ya think?

there were more roughing the passers last night in the first 25 minutes of the game than there has been in any full game since 2001

on pace for 187 this year (though to be fair they cant possibly keep up this pace) there were 105 last year

i still get way more mad at the pathetic PI calls in the league...i would say at least half of those are terrible calls....i dont even care about the total number...but giving teams brutal PI penalties that end up always in a first down and many times giving the offensive team huge chunks of yards they didnt deserve has cost teams games on the regular and has borderline ruined the sport
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

I just want to add that Rapelisburger's flop was at least as awful as the flag itself.  You gonna act like that, maybe you should go to the sideline and have concussion protocol initiated.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

PI should be reviewable. It's insane that something can be a 40 yard play and there's no mechanism for making sure the call was right. Even if it's upheld 90% of the time at least get rid of the egregious ones.

ice grillin you

how they dont have the college PI rule that caps it at 15 yards is beyond me
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

PI should be 15 yards rather than spot fouls.

Tomahawk