Rest Of Baseball - 2015

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 04, 2015, 01:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

I went to a game in the late 90s with some of my coworkers when we were working TDCJ in Huntsville...sat in RF and I had my Bobby A jersey on.

We stopped to eat before hand and these fools made big B, G, O letters from beer boxes the waitress gave them.

They stood up one at a time with their letter and would yell it. "B! G! O!" and before you know it they had the whole place going nuts and chanting it. Pretty impressive.

MDS

biggio was a good player who hung around 3 years past his exit date to hit his stats....him being in the HOF is a joke, but that place is already a joke as it is. hes the least of its problems.

at least 2 writers handed in blank ballots...im sure that hack from LA put jack morris' name or something on it and called it a day. plus plenty of guys left pedro off because they assumed he'd get in anyway, and they wanted to vote for their guys. yes. the process is farging stupid and flawed.

meanwhile barry bonds...the greatest hitter ever....not in because some of his stats are inflated.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

Dillen

Jeff Kent was a power hitter, with only like 80 more HR career than Biggio. Biggio was a faaaaaaaaar more complete player than Kent. Offensively he was an identical player to Roberto Alomar - everyone thought was a lock, sure-fire hall of famer.

Same story for Bagwell and Frank Thomas, except Bagwell was actually worth something in the field and on the bases. His career was cut short like 3-4 years because of arthritis and still had 450 HR. He was a dominant offensive force for like a 10 year run. If Albert Pujols retired right now, is he a Hall of Famer? Hell farging yes. Him and Bags have identical numbers. Nobody knows or cared because he played in Houston.

Pedro definitely deserved to get in. His stretch from 97 to 03 compare to Koufax's 6 year run... which is eI have nothing to contribute.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah I am not saying the Biggio wasn't good. He was very good. Especially with switching positions three times.

I just have a hard time saying he's a HOF player and a guy like Kent only gets 14% of the vote.

Has anyone seen the ballots or heard about who left big unit and Pedro off?

Dillen

Because the guy was a complete dickhole and used. If he played 1b or DH (read: played a position he should have- why he was forced int 2b, nobody will ever know), he would've been completely forgotten about by now.

Also, big picture, yes the HOF is completely worthless. Still nice to see Biggio get in, and if you don't think he should be, mds has it right in that he's really the least of the issues.

ice grillin you

biggio I think is in the top ten all time career at bats...he was a very good player who played for a million years and built up numbers...but he doesnt even come close to passing the eye test as far as a hall of famer...Alomar was so much better than him it wasn't even funny...should never compare the two it makes biggio look real bad....like lil guy said the HOF got significantly worse because craig biggio is in it

bagwell and kent were roid monkeys I don't need definitive proof altho bagwell admitted to using something....andro I think...numbers wise theres a great case for bagwell....kent was overrated as shtein as a player
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Dillen

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 07, 2015, 08:06:55 PM
Alomar was so much better than him it wasn't even funny...should never compare the two it makes biggio look real bad....
.281 .363 .433, 3060 H, 668 2b, 55 3b, 291 HR, 414 SB
.300 .371 .443, 2724 H, 504 2b, 80 3b, 210 HR, 474 SB

If you think he stuck around too long to get 3k hits and wouldn't get in otherwise, I wouldn't really argue. He had 1500-2000 more AB, But these # are far too close to say it makes that much a difference

Also yes Bags admitted to some amphetamine. Also Pedro was on the first list of supposed users that got leaked in like 2003... are pitchers not named Clemens pretty much immune to this?

ice grillin you

biggio had TWO THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED more plate appearences...but im not even talkin numbers...im talking eye test...one was clearly a hall of famer and one wasnt....biggio was a really nice player....alomar was dynamic

i don't believe that pedro took roids...if i found out he did i may not put him in....but pitchers are absolutely held to a different standard than hitters

bags admitted to andro as well...just looked it up...and im pretty sure if he did that plus amphetamines he was also putting a needle in his ass

PhillyPhreak54

I think that may be the first time igy has used capital letters here

:o

MDS

the problem with the hall is people think with their hearts....or use nonsense comparassions to different eras and players who stunk who wound up in the hall because they were drinking buddies with the right people

really electing people to the hall is easy. you just know. if there's a debate, then there's your answer. no one is debating johnson, pedro or smoltz. you knew 15 years ago with them.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Schilling is accusing the writers of bias because of his being a Republican.

What a fleshpopface.

ice grillin you

ill put a 20 against a 10 that the unit is a pub

PhillyPhreak54

I'll bet most of them are repubs