UFC / MMA

Started by MURP, February 04, 2007, 11:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

Watching it, it seemed like more of a chess match than an all out fight. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Feva

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on April 24, 2012, 09:18:26 PM
I thought your brother and cousin did? Now its you as well?  ;)

Ha! Nah, I dropped a couple bombs on him. My cousin (who's around my brother's age) probably woulda ran back then... lol.

Quote from: phattymatty on April 24, 2012, 10:49:12 PM
yeah it was definitely a good fight and no doubt most fighters would not have been able to take those jones elbows. i guess i was just expecting a little more emotion because of their history, maybe one of them letting their guard down a bit, but those dudes are pros and two of the best.

Yeah, these guys hate each other, but at the same time there was no way they were gonna go in outta control and risk getting knocked out by the other guy and having to live with that shtein on their conscience.

In the end, Jones is on another level right now than almost anybody in the world. Rashad put up a good fight, but Jones' reach and holy farg, those elbows, you could see Jones was just better. Rashad deserves props though for being in it the whole time and taking him the distance, which no one else has been able to do.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: Feva on February 07, 2007, 10:52:32 PM
My little brother and cousin jumped Rashad Evans when they were kids.

Just saying.....either way good story.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Feva

Hmmm. Honestly not sure why I would have said my cousin.  Maybe liquor related. Ah well.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Rome

That was a good fight.

hbionic

Didn't watch...did Silva beat his ass or was it pretty even? Surprise pin/submission again or did it come down to a decision?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Don Ho

Sonnen actually had the first round.  Came out and immediately took down Silva.  He actually had Silva backing up in the second but tried a spinning Backfist, tripped and fell backwards. Silva pinned him against the cage and delivered a knee to his chest and it was over.  Not at all a beat down by Silva.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

phattymatty

caught it this morning...surprised they didn't call that a knee to the head, looked like it to me. regardless, silva is maybe the best ever but that was a flukey win. if sonnen doesn't miss that spin and lose his balance he doesn't get beat right there.

phattymatty

not sure if anyone is watching tonight but this ring looks like a war zone...last two fights have been some of the most brutal and bloody i've seen. and velasquez - dos santos hasn't even come up yet.

Don Ho

BJ Penn just got the living daylight beaten out of him.  Nice career BJ, time to hang um up.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

shorebird

Wow! Great fight tonight with Bones Jones and D.C. Cormier looked to have won rounds 2 and 3 after Jones won a close 1st round but Cormier was gassed for the last 2 championship rounds. He looked trim at the wiegh in but whatever he lost too get at 205 he gained back before the fight. The champ took it too him the last two rounds. Jones had two great looking take downs in the 4th against the supposed superior wrester Daniel Cormier. Jones hit hit with some wicked elbows also one of the in slo mo showed it wracked D.C.'s whole upper body. He was doing great the two rounds he won but then ran out of gas and wasn't throwing half the punches he had been. Don't see anyone beating Jones after that fight. He showed he's the true champ worlds best pound for pound.

SD

Not a huge UFC fan but two huge upsets tonight 

Don Ho

the Mic got his cocky little ass whooped tonight. 

phattymatty

It's been 4 years since anyone posted in this thread but my god am I excited for sports.

The headliners tonight are both amazing - Ferguson is just top to bottom great and Gaethje might be the most wild violent guy in the sport - should be fun. the top 3-4 fights should all actually be solid.

Never thought less about spending $65.