not shocking tho that a chip draftee would be rocking stain guard dockers
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Great shirt

Rowe was rocking a suit

General_Failure

Look test results: Tiger Woods spots a baby being carried on to his flight.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 02, 2015, 02:03:53 PM
midnight green fail

not shocking tho that a chip draftee would be rocking stain guard dockers

:-D

shtein, he looks like Coach Hicks in that shot.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

BigEd76

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 02, 2015, 01:10:58 AM
Quote from: BigEd76 on May 02, 2015, 12:49:13 AM
Braman isn't going anywhere though.  They love him on ST and extended him another year about 6 weeks ago

Graham came back as killa's replacement and is absolutely the starting OLB opposite Barwin.  They aren't paying an average of $5M/yr and giving a decent signing bonus to a 3rd down guy for the next four years.  Kendricks is gonna rotate with Ryans and Alonso inside until one of them blows out a body part again, and he can still be used outside if necessary.  So we agree on the first 6 LBs so far.  Hicks isn't going anywhere, so that's 7 (or 8 if you include Braman like I am).  So if that's the cutoff, then Jones, Acho and Goode are all outta here?

1. graham isnt an olb...he plays on the line and rushes the passer...that doesnt mean its only 3rd and longs but it means in certain situations...his base salary doesnt even make over 4 mil until 2017 and only makes 3 mil this year....the reason people were cool with his resigning in a defense that doesnt fit him (again he cant play olb in a 3-4) is because he was so cheap...on paper he might be an OLB but as far as it counts on the roster he will be a DL...for example maybe brandon bair vinny curry or taylor hart are cut because graham is really a DL

2. kendricks aint rotating with anyone if hes on the team

3. demeco right now is on the team only cause chip loves him as a leader....hes old one dimensional and is missing an achilles...hes a back up if he even makes the team

4.  outside chance of keeping 8...9 or ten lbs is ludicrous

9 made the team. mock

PhillyPhreak54

Sgt PSN

ice grillin you

i forgot the eagles had a cfb coach as gm

thats on me

PhillyPhreak54

Nothing screams CFB like that extra LB or two on a 3-4 team.

Tomahawk

Getting rid of Boykin screams it loud and clear.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Tomahawk on September 05, 2015, 10:35:02 PM

pretty much

his drafts havent exactly screamed ron wolf either

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 05, 2015, 10:36:05 PM
Quote from: Tomahawk on September 05, 2015, 10:35:02 PM

pretty much

his drafts havent exactly screamed ron wolf either

I'm sure it's already been covered, but the Boykin trade made perfect sense in that they had a player in a contract year who was likely not going to resign (or even be offered a contract) so they shipped him off and got value in return rather than let him walk for nothing.  Sucks because he's a good player, but logical. 

What's illogical about it is that the Eagles aren't in any kind of rebuild mode.  It would make perfect sense if this was a 4-12 team.  But they aren't.  They're in, or at least should be in, win now mode and need all the good players they have or can get.  A draft pick next year does nothing to improve their chances of competing for a SB this year.  If the nickel corner gets eaten up this year and is a primary reason for the Eagles at least not making a deep playoff run, then the trade will be nothing but a colossal failure. 

ice grillin you

even in a rebuild getting rid of a young talented homegrown player is not smart bidness

Rome

It's appropriate if the coach doesn't think he's the sort of player he wants on his team.  I agree that Boykin is a good player and strictly from a talent perspective shipping him out seems like a stupid thing to do, but none of us have any idea of the real reason he was sent to Pittsburgh. 

Kelly has no problem releasing or trading guys who don't buy in or don't fit the physical profile, though, and I don't see that as a weakness.  The guy is committed to doing it his way, and like it or not, this is what we have as a head coach on a team that we happen to be stupid or unfortunate to have to cheer for. 

What's troubling is his dumping guys and not getting adequate replacements.  He has elsewhere on the roster, but CB looks like it's gonna be a disaster unless the no-names he's held onto end up producing.