Your Ultimate Eagles Team?

Started by Zanshin, February 22, 2018, 02:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

I think it says more how many people, including me, wouldn't take McNabb.

Eagles_Legendz

The lists should only include players contributions as eagles.  I.E. how good were they when they were here.

A HOF player who was washed up when here is dumb to include.

I wasn't old enough to watch Carter when he was here, but not sure dude who had 1500 yards over 3 seasons should be on an ultimate eagles list.   Was carter, at his best an eagle, better than quick at his best as an eagle?  No.

Zanshin

QB Eagles

2010 Mike Vick had one of the greatest Eagle QB seasons of all time. He was better than he ever had been in Atlanta, kinda like when Randall went to the Vikings and had his best season as a 50 year-old guy.

2011-2013 Vick was nothing special. C'mon. We all saw it.

Quarterback rating is strange sometimes, but it's usually a decent guidepost. Here's the top 10 Eagle QB seasons of all time, minimum 10 starts:

2013 Nick Foles - 119.2
2004 Donovan McNabb - 104.7
2017 Carson Wentz - 101.9
2010 Michael Vick - 100.2
2006 Donovan McNabb - 95.5
2009 Donovan McNabb - 92.9
1990 Randall Cunningham - 91.6
1980 Ron Jaworski - 91.0
2007 Donovan McNabb - 89.9
1961 Sonny Jurgensen - 88.1

General_Failure

Quote from: Zanshin on February 23, 2018, 05:45:12 PM
I think it says more how many people, including me, wouldn't take McNabb.

You'd have to build the team around him, starting with Alshon Jeffery and Chad Lewis to catch all those worm burners.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

Foles won a Super Bowl.  He's #1 until someone else does. 

Tomahawk

Quote from: Diomedes on February 23, 2018, 05:13:26 PM
What the hell are you talking about?  He's one of the most exciting football players I've ever seen.  He threw a beautiful, accurate long ball, and was outright stunning in the open field.  Without looking it up, he's top three all time QB rushing yards, and has to be up there for rushing TDs as well.

Vick's not accurate. I don't remember the stat, but at Atlanta, his completion percentage was probably closer to 50% than 60%. Also, I don't think he ever threw for more than 3,000 yards in a season.

Early in his career, the only reason he was fun to watch, or even able to be an NFL QB, was because of how fast he was. Though I do think he became a better QB under Reid's tutelage.

QB - Cunningham, Jaworski, McNabb
RB - Montgomery, BWest, McCoy, Watters, Ritchie
WR - TO, Carter, Quick, Barnett, Charmichael, D. Jackson
TE - Jackson, Ertz
OL - Runyan, Thomas, Peters, Kelce...can't think of a guard I thought was great. farg them

DL- White, Simmons, Brown, Douglas, Cox, Simon
LB- Joyner, Evans, Thomas, Trotter, Emmons
CB- Allen, Vincent, Taylor, Brown, Lito
S - Dawkins, Jenkins, Hopkins, Waters

P - Landeta
K- Akers

ice grillin you

Quote from: hbionic on February 23, 2018, 05:06:26 PM
What I'm surprised most of all from these lists is how frequent Vick appears on their lists.

He was fun to watch the first year and up to the Miracle in the Meadowlands III...but after that, pure trash. I felt bad because refs and the NFL had it in for him. But otherwise, he wasn't a good QB at all.

He wouldn't be on any top 10 QB's for anything.

he would just be a third qb....could add a skill set unseen ever in the nfl...wild cat...goal line looks...short yardage

also the eagles have an embarrassing QB history...who's ahead of him as a 3QB?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Other than San Fran, I can't really think of a team that's had a high number of great quarterbacks.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

Dallas had Staubach, Aikman and Romo.  That's a damn fine list. 

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 23, 2018, 09:13:17 PM
also the eagles have an embarrassing QB history...who's ahead of him as a 3QB?

if you romanticize 2006 you can argue garcia...foles is justifiable...for the old heads you can do jaws...your cousin and your cousin only will want 5

but in terms of pure talent its not a debate
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

they have other guys but no one that can add anything that wentz and randall dont....cept vick...he was in a class by himself as far as specific skill sets
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Quote from: Rome on February 23, 2018, 09:23:53 PM
Dallas had Staubach, Aikman and Romo.  That's a damn fine list. 

Starr/Favre/Rodgers isn't bad.

Don Ho

qb - Randall, Wentz, Vick

rb - Shady, Westbrook, Watters, Byars

wr - TO (farg you bed wetter, I don't give a shtein if he's Trump, Hillary, Stalin, Hitler, Manson, Bin Laden you learn to play with the SOB), Quick, Pimp, Arkansas Fred, Harold

te - Jackson, Ertz

ol - Peters, Runyan, Tra, Herramans, Seismore, Andrews, Mayberry, Lane

dl - White, JB, Cox, Simmons, Hugh, Cole, Harmon, Carl Hairston (incredible NG)

lb - Joyner, Jerry Robinson (he was awesone), Evans, W. Thomas, Trott, Emmons (he doesn't get hurt late in the season against the niners birds beat Panthers in NFCG)

cb - Allen, Troy, Lito, Taylor, Roynell Young

s - Dawk, Hopkins, Waters, Randy Logan, Mikell

punter - Donnie
kicker - Akers
ls - Magician
kr - Mitchell
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

hbionic

Quote from: Diomedes on February 23, 2018, 05:23:19 PM
Quote from: hbionic on February 23, 2018, 05:06:26 PM...Vick ... wouldn't be on any top 10 QB's for anything.

Looked it up.  He's #5 all time rushing TDs for a QB (super bowl era).  Randall is tied for #6.  McNabb is #10.  Three of the top 10 were Eagles.

He's #3 all time QB rushing yards.  Donovan is #7.  Randall, #1.

Thats two different ways that Vick is top ten of all QBs, not just Eagles QBs.

Sorry, I meant to say, he wouldn't be on any of 'MY' top 10 QB's for anything. I know he was one of the best stat wise, but just never felt we could win with him.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05