Around the NFL - 2018

Started by General_Failure, February 06, 2018, 07:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 16, 2018, 02:23:02 PM
in general no one can tell anyone else how they feel....to each his/her own....because of the multitude of factors that go into it sports fandom might be the most subjective thing ever

as far as specific to you i am at a loss for words because i dont and never will understand how anyone can root for a team and not their city...dodgers eagles doesnt even compute in my farged up cerebellum

I can't wrap my head around this either

Quote from: Zanshin on February 16, 2018, 02:39:54 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on February 16, 2018, 02:23:02 PM
in general no one can tell anyone else how they feel....to each his/her own....because of the multitude of factors that go into it sports fandom might be the most subjective thing ever

as far as specific to you i am at a loss for words because i dont and never will understand how anyone can root for a team and not their city...dodgers eagles doesnt even compute in my farged up cerebellum

Well, look at Die-Hard. He's like the defacto face of the general Eagles fan...like, omnipresent in articles, blogs, whatever...and a Mets fan.

Or this...considering he's a Sixers and Flyers fan too

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on February 16, 2018, 02:48:48 PM
Or this...considering he's a Sixers and Flyers fan too

from new york (north jersey)

also im pretty sure he cant name three flyers
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

I can't name three active hockey players.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on February 16, 2018, 06:06:55 PM
I can't name three active hockey players.

I can maybe name 3 hockey players period.

Tomahawk

1) Wayne Gretzky
2)

I'm one and done

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

EJ72

Growing up in NJ I was a Yankee fan but followed the Phillies some too. Lefty, Schmidt, Luzinski, etcetera. They came thiiis close to winning the WS a few times in the 80s but came up short until I think 1980.

I remember that botched snap by Hutton, I watched that game and couldn't believe he tried to run it in. Of course, I couldn't believe Romo bobbled a snap against Seattle and tried to run it in either.   :P

hbionic

It's more reaction at that point I imagine.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Sgt PSN

There's really no right or wrong way to handle a botched snap other than not botching the snap. Pick it up and run, bumble around and put it in place for the kicker...it doesn't matter. The timing is blown, the kicker is out of rhythm, the defense has an extra half second or so to try and block.
99% of the time you're farged either way.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: EJ72 on February 18, 2018, 02:16:36 AM
Growing up in NJ I was a Yankee fan but followed the Phillies some too. Lefty, Schmidt, Luzinski, etcetera. They came thiiis close to winning the WS a few times in the 80s but came up short until I think 1980.

I remember that botched snap by Hutton, I watched that game and couldn't believe he tried to run it in. Of course, I couldn't believe Romo bobbled a snap against Seattle and tried to run it in either.   :P

What's up EJ!

QB Eagles

Doug Martin released. Apparently he's started 65 games in the NFL, but it feels like he's been healthy for about 10 of them.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Sgt PSN

Zanshin

Chiefs trade Marcus Peters to Rams...(whom are going to have to find a way to pay a whole bunch of young guys with expiring contracts.)

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.