Week 9 - Broncos: The Offense Gets Tested

Started by MDS, October 29, 2017, 08:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: Tomahawk on November 01, 2017, 12:35:03 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 01, 2017, 12:12:10 PM
Quote from: MDS on November 01, 2017, 11:50:32 AM
youre over thinking it and leaning negative which is as well know by now kind of your thing

its brock osweiller on the road against a good team with a good qb and a good defense. im not saying its going to be 35-0 but the eagles arent losing.

and you are a homer of romey/pg type proportions if you think denver has no chance

Why you dissing J?

lol

to be fair to J he doesnt get violently angry when someone else isnt a homer hes just a fun loving unicorns and roses type fan

romey and/or pg i could see shooting up their place of work because someone criticized wentz
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on November 01, 2017, 12:45:14 PM
Like I said in my original post, I see a low scoring sloppy game. Especially if it rains again.

yeah thats all im saying....i wasnt even addressing you i was talking about lil guy and his stupid 'free win' stuff which is dumb

and even more dumb to say it because osweiler is in...as if john elway got hurt....theres no difference in this outcome regardless of who plays qb for denver

MDS

the eagles arent losing to bad qbs

stop it.

this is like the SF game in the sense that they have to try to lose. they had to try harder to lose last week than they will this week but the only way denver wins this is if wentz is a trainwreck turnover machine
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 01, 2017, 12:47:11 PM
Quote from: Tomahawk on November 01, 2017, 12:35:03 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 01, 2017, 12:12:10 PM
Quote from: MDS on November 01, 2017, 11:50:32 AM
youre over thinking it and leaning negative which is as well know by now kind of your thing

its brock osweiller on the road against a good team with a good qb and a good defense. im not saying its going to be 35-0 but the eagles arent losing.

and you are a homer of romey/pg type proportions if you think denver has no chance

Why you dissing J?

lol

to be fair to J he doesnt get violently angry when someone else isnt a homer hes just a fun loving unicorns and roses type fan

romey and/or pg i could see shooting up their place of work because someone criticized wentz

Hahahaha

smeags

I remember when I ripped sheldon brown over something back in the day. PG didn't react well.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

General_Failure

They've already gone over my expected win total for the season, so it should be losses from here on out.

The man. The myth. The legend.

smeags

Quote from: General_Failure on November 01, 2017, 02:15:48 PM
They've already gone over my expected win total for the season, so it should be losses from here on out.

you're being koy here aren't you.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

General_Failure

I figure they'll make up for that extra win with a wildcard loss.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

ways that the broncos win:

1. destroy the run

yards given up to some good backs this year:

melvin gordon: 54, 38
zzzzzeke: 8
shhhhhhady: 21
beast mode: 12
kareem hunt: 46

2. destroy kelce

3. destroy vaitai

4. dial up some blitz looks that make dougs head explode

5. get a late turnover

ways that the eagles win:

1. show up

ice grillin you

eagle writers trolling hard...

QuotePaul Domowitch: The Eagles have won six in a row and the Broncos are reeling, having lost three in a row, all by double digits.

They have benched Trevor Siemian and turned to Brock Osweiler, a guy with a career 77.3 passer rating.  That's the good news. The bad news is the Broncos have a very good defense that is pretty much going to make it impossible for the Eagles to run the ball Sunday and make points hard to come by in general.

What the Eagles are going to need is for their defense to force a couple of turnovers that the offense can turn into points.

This game is going to be close. It's still going to be anybody's game deep in the fourth quarter. But the Eagles will win. Maybe on the leg of Jake Elliott. Maybe even with no time left on the clock.

Prediction: Eagles 20, Broncos 17

Les Bowen: I figure at this point, you have to just go with the flow, even though the longer streaks last, the closer they are to ending. Even though the Broncos' defense is quite capable of bringing the Eagles down to earth.

I'm taking the Eagles to win and to cover, and the heck with doubts. Maybe the Broncos' offense will be better with Brock Osweiler than it was with Trevor Siemian, but I like the Eagles' defense against the guy who couldn't win a job in Cleveland this year. Good time for Lane Johnson, who played poorly last week, to really show us something against Von Miller.

Prediction: Eagles 20, Broncos 10

Jeff McLane: The Broncos defense may be the best the Eagles will face this season and that includes the Seahawks. Edge rusher Von Miller is always a potential game wrecker. Corners Aqib Talib and Chris Harris can lock down receivers on either side in man coverage. Inside linebacker Brandon Marshall is a three-down field marshall. And that's just a small sampling of the Denver's elite defenders. Carson Wentz and the Eagles offense will have their hands full. They may need new running back Jay Ajayi to step in immediately and make an impact against a stout run defense – the Broncos are allowing just three yards a carry. The Eagles will need tight end Zach Ertz, who suffered a hamstring strain in Thursday's practice, to be healthy and bring his best. The Eagles aren't exactly slackers on defense either. And they face an offense that will have a new quarterback under center after Trevor Siemian was benched for Brock Osweiler. C.J. Anderson is a tough runner and Demaryrius Thomas is still a productive receiver, but the Denver offensive line should be susceptible against the Eagles' pass rush. Brandon Graham could give tight tackle Menelik Watson all he can handle.

Prediction: Eagles 20, Broncos 17.

Zach Berman: This is a tough matchup for the Eagles, even if the Broncos are on a three-game losing streak and made a quarterback change. Denver's defense can play with anyone and keep them in any game. The Eagles must rely on Carson Wentz, whose wide receivers will have hard time against Denver's cornerbacks. Don't expect offensive fireworks against the NFL's No. 1 defense that keeps opponents to 188 passing yards and 73 rushing yards per game. Tight end Zach Ertz will be the key, like Travis Kelce was for Kansas City last week. That's the matchup the Eagles can win. The key will be whether the Eagles defense forces turnovers. Brock Osweiler emphasized ball security in his public comments this week. If he avoids the turnovers that plagued Trevor Siemian, the Broncos can pull off the upset. But Denver is minus-11 on the year in turnover differential, and my guess is that will be the difference in the game on Sunday.

Prediction: Eagles 23, Broncos 21

PhillyPhreak54

I don't think it'll be a blowout. Broncos will cover the 8

ice grillin you

MDS

i like den +8 too but man if the line going up up up doesnt make me feel warm
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Eagles_Legendz