2017/2018 Phillies Off-Season Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, October 09, 2017, 10:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Imagine if they had Arrieta at the top of their rotation and Stanton in the middle of their lineup. World farging champs

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on February 20, 2018, 08:20:02 PM
The truly hilarious thing would be if they offer him $20-$25M a year for three years plus an option after all their idiotic penny pinching antics.

the hilarious thing is your continued insistence that they are pinching pennies...for god sakes they shouldnt have spent any money last year and still had a payroll over 110 million.....and dont get me started on what they spent when they were good...i swear its like you dont even follow them either that or you are being purposely ignorant
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

They were the most profitable team in the league last season and now their payroll has been cut in half. If that's not penny pinching I don't know what is.

ice grillin you

profit has nothing to do with spending.....you spend when its prudent to spend not because of how much money you make....and you certainly dont spend just to spend....the free agent class this year sucked....if this was next summer and they didnt take a run at people then you might have an argument....but this year is about the worst possible year to claim they are cheap....cause if thats the case the whole league is cheap since the the C word has been thrown around all offseason...calling them cheap is so 2001

they have already proven for about a 10 year period that they will spend whatever it takes....and middleton has said they will continue to do so....but right now they are in a rebuild and it would be asinine to throw around dumb money just because some fans what them too or because they just got a big tv deal

SD

That's cool, at least 'we' got Carlos Santana. One step closer.

MDS

bucks county republicrat and florida swamp trash are just trolling

moving on
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Rome

Whiny clueless millennial douche disagrees with someone, lashes out, hopefully kills himself.   

ice grillin you

its been clear since day one that klentak was putting an emphasis on advanced stats but holy moly...this is the answer to the first question in an interview from new hitting coach doug mallee

Q: How would you describe your hitting philosophy?

Mallee: Weighted Runs Created Plus (wRC+) is something we talk about a lot.

Rome

Cue the little guy to tell us everything is gonna be alright...

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 21, 2018, 10:09:46 AM
its been clear since day one that klentak was putting an emphasis on advanced stats but holy moly...this is the answer to the first question in an interview from new hitting coach doug mallee

Q: How would you describe your hitting philosophy?

Mallee: Weighted Runs Created Plus (wRC+) is something we talk about a lot.

kill me now

MDS

Quote from: Rome on February 21, 2018, 10:25:34 AM
Cue the little guy to tell us everything is gonna be alright...

youve yet to explain to me who they shouldve signed, instead youre just really angry and vindictive for some reason even though the eagles, like, just won the super bowl. the flyers are good. the sixers are good. chill.

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 21, 2018, 10:26:30 AM
kill me now

one of the fun parts of the season is you playing the victim over advanced metrics even though 1) you dont know what they are 2) you dont care to learn 3) they have proven, time and again, to be successful 4) ultimately the only thing that matters to you is the phillies winning games...how they go about it, front office mentalities and minor league development are not in your areas of interest

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

SD

wonder where that billy beane cat who used to post here went

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 21, 2018, 12:31:32 PM
Thanks for the breakdown, Theo.

usually when you insult someone you dont want to call them by the name of a guy who built 2 dynasty's but you do you