2017/2018 Phillies Off-Season Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, October 09, 2017, 10:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 09, 2017, 01:00:14 PM
it can be both....you call him an idiot for stupidly leaving two young sons fatherless and think those dopes on the radio while correct are also uncouth

How about option C

Don't say a word about it on air.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 09, 2017, 01:36:58 PM
you had possibly hundreds of posts mocking and making fun of sean taylor sorry if i dont believe your faux concern now for how roy halladay is being treated post mortem

First of all, no I didn't.  Second, I'm not broadcasting my opinions over the air to thousands of people, so if I make fun of someone for getting shot in the dick, it's a case of maybe 10 people taking offense.  Third, Sean Taylor was a piece of shtein human and Halladay wasn't, so farg him and farg you too.

MDS

ok lets stop this dumb convo
1. halladay did a dumb thing
2. you dont mock seemingly decent people's deaths in a public format

the rest of you can now go fly your planes over the gulf
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on November 09, 2017, 01:48:11 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 09, 2017, 01:36:58 PM
you had possibly hundreds of posts mocking and making fun of sean taylor sorry if i dont believe your faux concern now for how roy halladay is being treated post mortem
Third, Sean Taylor was a piece of shtein human and Halladay wasn't, so farg him and farg you too.

lol i was waiting for this and it actually happened even quicker than i expected...this is what it boils down to....a loud cocky negro v. the guy who ran wind sprints up the stadium stairs after each start

phillies plus salt of the earth = dont say a farging word about this god

washington football team plus inner city mongoloid = mock ruthlessly
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Anyone know when the Halladay candle light vigil is planned for?

Rome

Hypocritical reverse racist faux liberal fargfaces should die screaming too. 

SD

Quote from: Rome on November 09, 2017, 02:52:28 PM
Hypocritical reverse racist faux liberal fargfaces should die screaming too.

Halladay probably died screaming too

Rome

Sudden acceleration disruption disorder?

Thats just SADD. 

smeags

some all-star trolling be going on in here.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

ken giles is just a closer but that trade was terrible
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

The Phillies hired an assistant hitting coach who is 28 and never got a hit in the Major Leagues.  Oh and his name is Pedro Guerrero.  Not that one. 

You literally can't make this shtein up. 

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on November 23, 2017, 11:10:21 AM
The Phillies hired an assistant hitting coach who is 28 and never got a hit in the Major Leagues.  Oh and his name is Pedro Guerrero.  Not that one. 

You literally can't make this shtein up.

Joe Maddon never played MLB, but became a successful hitting coach and manager.

Not at all suggesting that Guerrero will have a coaching and managing career like Maddon, but the lack of a MLB pedigree does not mean he can't.  The lack of any track record (2 seasons coaching in the minors) is more worrying to me than not playing in the majors.

The fact that he's coaching and born in 1988 does make me feel damn old.

Rome

Bill Gates dropped out of Harvard.  Imagine how successful everyone could be if they dropped out of college!

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on November 23, 2017, 03:04:09 PM
Bill Gates dropped out of Harvard.  Imagine how successful everyone could be if they dropped out of college!

Steve Jobs dropped out as well.  And Todd finished.  You may have something there!