Week 3 - Giants: Home Sweet Eli

Started by MDS, September 17, 2017, 11:07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

A handful of backups with no clear cut starter is not depth, it's mediocrity. I'll concede your point on CBs. I'd also like to add the CBs have played above expectations this season especially considering all the injuries.

I'd argue RB has more depth than OG by your logic. Sproles is still a solid player, Blount has a lot of starts under his belt and lead the league in TDs for the team that won the SB last season. I think he blows this season, but he was very good last season. You can't make the same judgment on Warmack or even Wis because we haven't seen them play in a regular season game yet.

PhillyPhreak54

Seumalo will end up being the C after Kelce is jettisoned in the off-season.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 21, 2017, 07:26:30 PM
Seumalo will end up being the C after Kelce is jettisoned in the off-season.

Thanks Mosh
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on September 21, 2017, 05:17:30 PM
A handful of backups with no clear cut starter is not depth, it's mediocrity. I'll concede your point on CBs. I'd also like to add the CBs have played above expectations this season especially considering all the injuries.

I'd argue RB has more depth than OG by your logic. Sproles is still a solid player, Blount has a lot of starts under his belt and lead the league in TDs for the team that won the SB last season. I think he blows this season, but he was very good last season. You can't make the same judgment on Warmack or even Wis because we haven't seen them play in a regular season game yet.

sproles isn't rb and blunt is cooked...forget depth or no depth the rb position straight sucks

SD

Blount is a better RB than Seumolu is a guard

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on September 21, 2017, 09:43:33 PM

i mean i dont even know what this means.....semu has six starts ever and blount wont be in the league next year...theres no comparison btwn the two players

Rome

He means as bad as Blount is as a RB, he's better than the Samoan is at G. 

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 21, 2017, 12:16:37 PM
their depth at guard is outstanding

Here's my problem with this. If you had simply said "they have depth at guard", I'd have disagreed with you because they have a bunch of mediocre players, but I guess I could sort of see your point because they're interchangeable. You said their Guard depth is "outstanding". Which player exactly is "outstanding"? The Welbourn/Mayberry/Brezinksi point I made would be considered "outstanding" depth. Mayberry - if I recall correctly - made a few pro bowls (yes pbs are an over rated measuring stick but he was still an excellent player), Welbourn was a borderline pro bowler. Brezinksi could have started for a lot of teams. That is "outstanding" depth.

Having no clear cut starter at LG and a bunch of mediocrity is not my definition of "outstanding" in any way, shape or form.

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 22, 2017, 07:08:33 AM
Quote from: SD on September 21, 2017, 09:43:33 PM

i mean i dont even know what this means.....semu has six starts ever and blount wont be in the league next year...theres no comparison btwn the two players

From what I've seen from Seumalu he doesn't belong on an NFL roster. I don't know if I've ever seen a guard just get completely dominated in every facet of the game. Some guards are bad run blockers, some bad at pass protection, some are slow and can't pull, some make bad zone reads and can't pick up a stunt to save their lives, some don't get out well on screens and wide pass blocking formations...he checks all of the above. My biggest problem is that he's quick and undersized for a guard, yet he was beaten off the ball and the DTs just slid right by him. When they weren't successfully shooting gaps they were tossing him aside like he was nothing. I understand wanting to start Seumalu over Warmack because he's more versatile and can bring more to the table, but he is a complete disaster. At the very least I'm hoping Warmack can at least protect Wentz and open some holes. He's too massive for DTs to easily shoot gaps or just toss him aside. Maybe he's too slow to be effective on screens and pull but at least he should add something.

As for Blount, see the Blount thread I started when he signed. I said it then and I'll say it now, I hated the signing, horrible fit, he clearly doesn't want to play. If he gave half a damn he'd be a consistent 10-15 carry back. My point was at least Blount has a body of work to go off of, he was at once considered 'solid'. Seumalo never was. So by your logic the RB depth would be considered better than the OG depth.

MDS

Quote from: SD on September 22, 2017, 08:38:11 AMFrom what I've seen from Seumalu he doesn't belong on an NFL roster.

calm down, lady

he was serviceable last year. wasnt great against wash. awful against kc.

we all remember the legendary winston justice game. well a year later he started every game in 2009 and they went 11-5. at that moment every neanderthal eagles fan wanted him thrown into the sun and claimed he didnt belong blocking in peewee games. turns out he could play a little. wasnt a pro bowler, but he could play in the nfl.

maybe question why seamalu was handed the lg job without competition. then 2 games into the season hes discarded for stout's project. 
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on September 22, 2017, 09:03:16 AM
Quote from: SD on September 22, 2017, 08:38:11 AMFrom what I've seen from Seumalu he doesn't belong on an NFL roster.
maybe question why seamalu was handed the lg job without competition. then 2 games into the season hes discarded for stout's project.

this is what i dont get....hes a 23 year old 3rd round investment that you had high hopes for before the season and you sit him after two games...at guard?

makes zero sense

General_Failure

The alternative is your 1st round investment at quarterback gets his legs broken, so...

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

then why was he handed the job to begin with? its not like he was this bad out of nowhere.

but hey who am i to question this outstanding organization with its rich history of success
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: General_Failure on September 22, 2017, 09:33:10 AM
The alternative is your 1st round investment at quarterback gets his legs broken, so...

this right here might be the dumbest not just football but sports talking point/cliche ever and it drives me nuts

MDS

ive watched more hockey in the past month than gf has watched football, so keep that in mind