Week 2 - Chiefs: Andrew Walter Reid

Started by MDS, September 10, 2017, 10:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 12, 2017, 11:46:57 PM
What's the word on Tyreek's injury status?

100% healthy and ready to receive for 200 yards against the Eagles. He missed like one series with cramps against the Patriots.

PhillyPhreak54

Ok thanks

Wasn't sure what ailment he had when they showed him limping a bit

AshishPatel81

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 12, 2017, 10:55:03 PM
maybe but ill take an overachieving team that won in new england over an under achieving team that won in wash and as long as carson wentz stays a turnover machine cant throw the ball down the field or for touchdowns the eagles offense will have limited upside

I think the Chiefs will win, I just don't think this is some impossible task like I've been hearing some people say. There are no great teams in the NFL this season.

I don't hate Alex Smith, he's a solid NFL QB, but he has limitations with his arm strength and just overall doesn't have the elite tools that will ever allow him to put a team on his back in a playoff game and carry them to a win. He threw the ball down field for a change against NE, but usually he's a checkdown charlie. You can certainly do worse than him as a QB, just never going to be close to elite level.

ice grillin you

i agree but if there's no great teams and the eagles aren't a good team then the eagles at one of the best teams should be catastrophic

in other words if the best teams aren't even great the average teams gotta be really bad
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

The Chiefs have a deeper roster, a better coach, and a guy who can run backwards faster than any Eagles CB can run forwards, plus they are playing at home with a few extra days of rest and preparation.

Obviously the Eagles have some percentage chance of winning, maybe 1 in 3, but no Eagles fan can feel great about this matchup. Only good thing is that the game has a house money feel to it because it seems so stacked against them. Unless there's a catastrophic injury or they blow the game in the final moments due to some mind-blowing Doug fargup, I'm going to feel fine after this one no matter how it goes.

Tomahawk

The *only* thing the Eagles have going for them is the Chiefs might have just blown their load by beating the Pats.

Eagaholic

I think this game with Pederson versus Andy, who know each other about as well as  opposing head coaches can, will tell a lot about how Pederson's future NFL head coach career will go. Not so much  who wins or even the final score but how well Pederson game plans and manages the game.

SD

I don't see this game as much as a gimme for the Chiefs as has been suggested. Maybe the Birds don't win but they'll keep it close, and who knows maybe Smith comes back to Earth and throws a pick or the Birds get a KR from Sproles to even things up.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Eagaholic on September 13, 2017, 05:21:28 AM
I think this game with Pederson versus Andy, who know each other about as well as  opposing head coaches can, will tell a lot about how Pederson's future NFL head coach career will go. Not so much  who wins or even the final score but how well Pederson game plans and manages the game.

I get what you're saying and it makes sense, but I'm gonna play devil's advocate here.  Because Pederson is so familiar with Reid, I kinda feel like if there's 1 game on the schedule that Pederson should be overly prepared for, it's this one. 

I'm not going to use 1 game against an AFC opponent as some sort of litmus test for Pederson.  Main concern is how does he stack up against other HC in the division.  And against the conference.  Then against the AFC.  Lastly against BB. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on September 13, 2017, 12:20:52 AM
Obviously the Eagles have some percentage chance of winning, maybe 1 in 3,

probably nitpicking but id say a little less...if this game is played in these exact circumstances ten times the eagles might win two

its not like college where you can have a 45 pt underdog but as far as nfl games go this is as much of a lock as you can get...a top 3 team in the league playing in  arguably the number one home environment in the league on a pseudo bye week against an inferior opponent who just lost their second most important player on the team

welcome to the nfl rasual douglas

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 13, 2017, 09:06:23 AM
Quote from: Eagaholic on September 13, 2017, 05:21:28 AM

I get what you're saying and it makes sense, but I'm gonna play devil's advocate here.  Because Pederson is so familiar with Reid, I kinda feel like if there's 1 game on the schedule that Pederson should be overly prepared for, it's this one. 

I'm not going to use 1 game against an AFC opponent as some sort of litmus test for Pederson.  Main concern is how does he stack up against other HC in the division.  And against the conference.  Then against the AFC.  Lastly against BB.

totally agree with your first point...this should be an easy week pf preparation for him...well im sure nothing comes easy to that cranial lump but as easy as its gonna get for him....i find it hilarious that howie signed bausby....hes bringing in a guy for intel from the one team pederson should already know up and down...that is not a good look for the HC

once the game starts coaching is coaching doesnt matter who you are going against

also pederson is so bad that matching up with people shouldnt even be a consideration..how about start with just showing you belong anywhere near the nfl then we will worry about how he matches up with individual coaches

QB Eagles

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 13, 2017, 09:08:29 AMagainst an inferior opponent who just lost their second most important player on the team

The Chiefs lost the first most important player on their team, so at least there is that.

smeags

I just think this game is there for reid and the chiefs to take. may not be a blowout but I don't see the eagles winning. plus with the giants (who I think the eagles will throttle) on the horizon etc. etc.

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

dont think this one is going to be close. alex smith will pick them apart and they have nobody that can hang with ty hill.

in the grand scheme of things this is a justifiable game to lose.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hbionic

Eagles are going to win because I like the Eagles.

Chiefs are going to lose because I want the Eagles to win.

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05