Week 2 - Chiefs: Andrew Walter Reid

Started by MDS, September 10, 2017, 10:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AshishPatel81

Eagles probably lose, but I'll say that I doubt the Chiefs play another game this season as complete as they did against NE. Good team, but not that good.

ice grillin you

i dont know what "not that good" means but they have won 11 and 12 the last two years and should do the same again this year...i suppose they arent good enough to win the superbowl but they have almost a zero chance to lose to the eagles at home
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

AshishPatel81

Not that good just means not as good as they showed against NE. They played close to the perfect game and looked like the best team in the NFL by a mile on opening weekend. I think they are good, but as long as Alex Smith is their QB that offense will always have limited upside.

ice grillin you

maybe but ill take an overachieving team that won in new england over an under achieving team that won in wash and as long as carson wentz stays a turnover machine cant throw the ball down the field or for touchdowns the eagles offense will have limited upside

Sgt PSN

There's gotta be some vegas prop bet on which coach burns his timeouts first, right? 

General_Failure

You could probably just bet on the coin flip if you want to do that.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagaholic

Quote from: General_Failure on September 12, 2017, 09:35:19 PM
Alex Smith went from the king of checkdowns to airing it out against he Patriots. What the farg is he going to do to these DBs?
throw a million check downs, probably.

Eagles_Legendz

chiefs are beatable, but you have AR on a long week against a significantly dumber version of himself, eagles traveling, darby speed gone to help deal with Hill...you need a clean game.  no turnovers and it's winnable.  obviously it's winnable if the spread is 4.5 @KC, but it's going to take a good game from wentz and a D/ST TD probably.

Tomahawk

I don't get the Alex Smith hate. He was a late bloomer, but SF shouldn't have gotten rid of him #stilllovekap

ice grillin you

Quote from: Tomahawk on September 12, 2017, 11:29:19 PM
I don't get the Alex Smith hate. He was a late bloomer, but SF shouldn't have gotten rid of him #stilllovekap

totally agree....you could do a hell of a lot worse than alex smith being your qb

Sgt PSN

I have a completely irrational like for Alex Smith.  I don't love him, but I like him.  Like, I like like him.  A lot. 

Eagles_Legendz

Sgt PSN

He was up for grabs when Chip was here and I was saying back then that I thought Smith was the best available QB for that offense.  At the time, I didn't realize that the offensive playbook would look like the original Tecmo Bowl, so I don't know if Alex Smith is good enough to overcome that, but I think that at least for that first and maybe even 2nd year, he'd have looked hof worthy. 

PhillyPhreak54

What's the word on Tyreek's injury status?

QB Eagles

I would take him over Joe Flacco, who makes some large multiple of Alex Smith's salary. He's obviously not a superstar but his floor is consistently high.

Every Chiefs fan is still slobbering over Mahomes though.