2017 Season Prediction Thread

Started by Rome, September 03, 2017, 09:36:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I reviewed the latest 53 and the season schedule and came up with 8-8 or 9-7.   A lot would have to go right for anything better. 

Post em if you got em. 

ice grillin you

im about the same place

maybe a win or two lower....cant have a weak secondary in this pass happy league....on the flip side if the pass rush posts up then 10 wins is easily attainable
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Geowhizzer

My thought have been in that range as well.  Some good luck or above-expectation play could get them to 9, some bad luck or below-expectation play could drop them to 6.  Otherwise 7 or 8 seems about right.

Lack of secondary + below average running game + worries about OL + Doug does not add up to playoff contention to me.

QB Eagles

The actual talent of the team seems at about the 9 win level to me.

Anything lower than that, I would pin on either injuries or Doug. Since I think Doug is a buffoon, I do expect 1-2 wins fewer than the team's talent level. Worst case scenario would drag them down as far as 5 wins.

On the other hand, if the rest of the NFC East softens and Wentz has a breakout season, I could see them getting to 11.

But my expectation is basically a repeat of last season. No playoffs.

Eagles_Legendz

I'm strangely optimistic about wentz despite the hyperbole in the city.  I think the defense will be good.  I think 9-7 but i also think 10-6 is more realistic than a collapse to 7-9 or worse.

Biggest fear with the team (and Wentz's growth) is Doug.

MDS

i break the eagles schedule down into 4 parts

I: @wsh, @kc, nyg, @lac, arz, @car
II: wsh, sf, den, @dal, chi
III: @sea, @lar, @nyg, oak
IV: dal

im highlighting part II because thats where the wins need to come from. 4-1 there and mere average play in I and II puts them on 9 wins heading into week 17. realistically this the best position they could be in. 10-6 may win the division, it may get a wild card, it may not be quite good enough.

also doug could just farg this up
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

I'm not feeling very confident in this offense. I don't think Wentz finishes the season healthy, but it isn't like Foles is completely worthless. I don't think Blount even hits 800 yards though. I'm counting on the secondary getting torched pretty consistently. Is Doug Pederson going to learn and get better, or is he going to Any Reid his way through things?

I'm going with a pessimistic 6-10, 7-9.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

QB Eagles

Quote from: General_Failure on September 03, 2017, 11:08:23 AM
Is Doug Pederson going to learn and get better, or is he going to Any Reid his way through things?

Neither. He's not going to learn and get better, and he's not half as competent as Andy Reid.

I'm just looking for obvious positive development from Wentz this season. If he can become a breakout star, the team has a foundation for the next decade. Hopefully everything else about the team won't be too Douged up.

General_Failure

ice grillin you

at least matt mcglons arm is still attached to his body

General_Failure

So what you're saying is we can look forward to Kaep by week 8.

QB Eagles

Quote from: General_Failure on September 03, 2017, 03:24:47 PM
So what you're saying is we can look forward to Kaep Matt Barkley by week 8.

rjs246

I predict that I will waste huge amounts of time watching this team. Roughly half of that time will make me actively furious. Roughly half of that time will make me blandly happy. There will be no satisfaction. I will learn nothing. Things will never change.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.