Week 1 - Washington: Racial Slurs, Openers & No. Virginian Rednecks

Started by MDS, August 31, 2017, 11:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 06, 2017, 06:55:34 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 06, 2017, 05:07:57 PM
we paid like $100 for the privilege of parking about 2 miles away from it. 

the stadium is just the stadium....its no better or worse than the linc or any other football stadium....they are all the same to me

what makes fed ex so repug is things like sarge is talking about....theres no pay parking so you gotta effing scalp a parking pass that goes for no less than 80...then theres the fact that lots dont open until 9 for tailgating....by the time you are all set up and just getting settled in on your third beer you gotta farging start thinking about breaking it all down....its just incredibly un fan friendly cause of their pos owner...oh then theres the insanely racist virginia section of their fan base you gotta be around for five hrs

Yeah, I forgot that we had to go meet some dude is a farging Denny's parking lot of something to get the passes to begin with.  I figured it was matty's dealer or something and then you came back with some parking passes.  The whole thing was sketch af. 

smeags

fed ex is the only opposing stadium ive been to. diehard and I went there in '03. got these free tickets from a guy that used to post on the EMB. they were 1st row behind the skins bench. the eagles put the game away early and most of the upper level was wearing green.

and yeah, we had to grab a parking pass on the road leading up to the stadium. we pull in and there were about 20 cars waiting to get into the lot, all eagles fans.

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

rjs246

FedEx is a travesty of a stadium 50% filled with the most brainless fans in football, 50% filled with fans of whoever they're playing that week. It's in the middle of nowhere, in a state they don't claim to represent which is different from the state where they practice.

I used to enjoy going to games there to troll Skins fans but I can't even get excited about that now. The whole experience is just farging sad.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

Precisely. 

I'm certainly not the only person who declines free tickets to FedEx field.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 07, 2017, 09:06:13 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on September 06, 2017, 06:55:34 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 06, 2017, 05:07:57 PM
we paid like $100 for the privilege of parking about 2 miles away from it. 

the stadium is just the stadium....its no better or worse than the linc or any other football stadium....they are all the same to me

what makes fed ex so repug is things like sarge is talking about....theres no pay parking so you gotta effing scalp a parking pass that goes for no less than 80...then theres the fact that lots dont open until 9 for tailgating....by the time you are all set up and just getting settled in on your third beer you gotta farging start thinking about breaking it all down....its just incredibly un fan friendly cause of their pos owner...oh then theres the insanely racist virginia section of their fan base you gotta be around for five hrs

Yeah, I forgot that we had to go meet some dude is a farging Denny's parking lot of something to get the passes to begin with.  I figured it was matty's dealer or something and then you came back with some parking passes.  The whole thing was sketch af.

lol...it was even worse it was an applebees

when we used to go including the time you went not sure if you remember but we used to have one car go in with the pass....and it wasnt barcoded or anything...you just hung it on your mirror as you went in...so then wed take turns running the pass back out of the lot and handing it off to the next car...we would end up getting in 5 or 6 cars for the cost of the pass
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

I don't remember that, but I also don't remember most of the day's events anyway.

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Sgt PSN

SD

The closer it gets to this game and the more I think about it I see the Eagles shteinting the bed. Cousins is going to pick them apart.

Skins 31
Birds 20

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on September 09, 2017, 07:48:31 AM
The closer it gets to this game and the more I think about it I see the Eagles shteinting the bed. Cousins is going to pick them apart.

Skins 31
Birds 20

a lot of nfl games are like this because of the parity but especially week 1 this is a game where i have absolutely no idea what to think

i could easily see what you are saying happen...jamison crowder is a monster who is going to have a huge year and farging patrick robinson is going to be covering him....jordan reed we all know about....they could definitely be picked to death on crossing routes and underneath

two things id say about that tho are crowder being on the injury report with a hip...no clue how serious it is but if that can neutralize him even a little it would be big....and the wash offense was a total train wreck in the preseason...yeah its the preseason but they were abominable

two keys for me are the progression of wentz now with real weaponry that can allow them to score with wash if they are clicking...and morgan moses....eagles need to make cousins uncomfortable for as good as he is he is really bad with any heat around him and with washingtons underneath passing game so good i dont think scwartzy can afford to dial up too many inside blitzes so the edge guys are gonna have to get loose and thats hard to do against trent williams so they need to work moses

ill take washington by a touchdown or less since they own the eagles and are at home....lets go with 27-20
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

Racists 27
Birds 20

not sold on Jeffery or Smith at WR, yet
Running backs - what running backs?  Three midgets and an overweight has been

Defense - ugh

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Eagles - 27
Washington - 17

Defensive line controls the game and Jalen Mills comes away with an INT. Wentz plays well and Doug goes full Andy and has a 70/30 pass to run ratio.

Rome

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 09, 2017, 11:39:04 PM
Doug goes full Andy and has a 70/30 pass to run ratio.

Reid never had that kind of pass to run ratio.  I'm sure he did in an individual game here or there, but over his entire career with the Eagles, he typically kept it in the 55/45 to 60/40 range.  The issue wasn't that he didn't run the ball enough, it was his situational play calling that was suspect...like trying to throw to the FB in the flat on 4th and 1.  His play calling has always been fairly well balanced with an emphasis on the pass.  It's a pass driven league.  WTF is he supposed to do...run the wishbone?  Because I think I remember him actually doing that the 1 year they had Duce/CBuck/Westy all reasonably healthy.  2003 maybe?   

PhillyPhreak54

Rasul Douglas
Dexter McDougle
Donnel Pumphrey
Shelton Gibson
Chance Warmack
Elijah Qualls
Steven Means

Inactive list