2017 Training Camp Thread

Started by ice grillin you, July 26, 2017, 07:19:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

from uncle les' latest article....

QuoteThere is talk around the locker room that Matthews' issue is more serious than tendinitis. But there is talk elsewhere in the building that Matthews could have practiced more in the spring, that the real issue is his contract. This will be the final year of the rookie deal Matthews signed after being drafted in the second round in 2014. He will make $1,094,000, according to Spotrac.com. There has been no indication that the team, tight against the projected 2018 cap, has done anything toward extending Matthews.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

wow alan barbre cut....seems like a chance to have him catch on somewhere else cause otherwise its curious timing

ice grillin you

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 26, 2017, 01:10:48 PM
wow alan barbre cut....seems like a chance to have him catch on somewhere else cause otherwise its curious timing

They were just talking about this on WIP. Ray Diddy said he talked to Mclane and Mclane said he'd be surprised if Warmack makes the team. Seamolu is penciled in as the starting LG.

ice grillin you

im not sure why he would say hed be suprised if warmack makes the team...i think you could say i wouldnt be shocked if he was cut but camp hasnt even started yet and he has the stoutland advantage going for him...writing him off at this point seems silly

either way they have depth on the inside with wiz there as well but w/o barbre (and without warmack if you think hes gone) that depth gets cut significantly and they dont have great depth outside and  AB can play there....it just seems crazy to me to cut a solid versatile veteran like this simply to give him a chance elsewhere to start

MDS

yea i dont get this at all. peters is 1000 years old. AB isnt an amazing player but you can survive with him at tackle for a little bit if it came to that.

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

It's a nice thing to do for Barbre. That's not really the only basis I want behind the Eagles decisions though.

Don Ho

anxiously awaiting Big V updates!!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Butchers Bill

I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

PhillyPhreak54

So Barbre was traded rather than released

Denver for a 2019 conditional pick

And Steven Daniels was re-signed

MDS

jordan matthews' knee doesnt look right
-every writer today

bring back dgb
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

http://www.csnphilly.com/philadelphia-eagles/eagles-training-camp-day-6-observations-wentz-offense-look-crisp-pads

QuoteMeanwhile, Derek Barnett didn't look great in the 1-on-1s. He was stood up by Matt Tobin and Dillon Gordon on his consecutive plays.

It's not so much that he didn't look good.  He's a rookie, after all, and it takes time for them to acclimate themselves to the rigors of an NFL training camp.  But you would expect a guy that is supposed to be a talented football player to dominate stiffs like Tobin and Gordon on sheer ability alone.

At least Wentz and the offense seem to be clicking on all cylinders.

QB Eagles

Barnett is just going to be another guy in the rotation this year, unlikely to be out there for even half of the snaps. DEs usually take more time to skill up than most other positions, and we know he has a ton of shtein to learn because he comes into the league with basically one move. No real reason for concern yet IMHO.

His biggest red flag so far is that the Eagles drafted him in the first round. That's often a sign of a bad football player. The last first round DE Howie drafted was Marcus Smith.

In general it's easy to overreact to camp, but one thing that looks confirmed every day is how bad the Eagles CBs are. Not really anything positive to say about that group., which could easily be the worst in the NFL. And I'm definitely not buying the "it doesn't matter because of the Eagles pass rush" spin.

SD

Aside from Trent Cole the Eagles 🦅 haven't drafted a pro bowl DE since Reggie/Clyde. Aside from Cole the only halfway decent DE they drafted over the last 25 years was Graham and he barely makes the cut. Hugh was acquired via trade. Granted what happened 10-20 years ago has no bearing on their current state but history isn't on their side.

Rome

I know I'm just being a negative Nancy here but I just can't escape the conclusion that they pulled another in a long line of boneheaded moves by drafting Barnett.  Seeing reports like that one only feed into that sense of dread. 

Hell, even the positive reports about him seem to be smattered with caveats, as in... he beat Jason Peters on one play BUT the other three he got buried. 

I hope I'm wrong but...