Around the NFL - 2017

Started by Diomedes, February 10, 2017, 07:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles_Legendz

there is no way for anyone to really pick the value for nick foles in my opinion.  i don't think it's hyperbole to say he's the highest variance qb in the league.  he's had such a farging weird career path.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Zanshin on January 31, 2018, 04:30:13 PM
Quote from: Tomahawk on January 31, 2018, 03:04:37 PM
Steve McNair says hi or would if he weren't dead af

Playing for Fisher literally killed him. Well, that and bullets.

Lolol

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on January 31, 2018, 04:32:49 PM
there is no way for anyone to really pick the value for nick foles in my opinion.  i don't think it's hyperbole to say he's the highest variance qb in the league.  he's had such a farging weird career path.

I'd agree with that

QB Eagles

Bortles might have more variance. He never looks as good as Foles looked against Minnesota, but the depths of his badness can go so much deeper. This year alone, there were weeks when you can legitimately say he won them the game, and also weeks where it looked like it was his first time ever throwing a football.

ice grillin you

oh god

QuoteThe NFL competition committee, in an effort to boost scoring, might re-emphasize enforcement of illegal contact rules.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

now this would be great

QuoteNFL competition committee is discussing the possibility of limiting defensive pass interference penalties to, at most, 15 yards.

Diomedes

nay on the former, yay on the latter

more scoring is not something the NFL needs
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Tomahawk

I wouldn't think the former is possible; when was illegal contact de-emphasized? I thought it was essentially replaced by defensive holding.

I used to be all-in on the latter, but I need to better understand the consequences. Will players be coached to interfere because it's barely a 1st down instead of a 50 yard penalty? And even if that happens, how would it impact the game?

EJ72

So the "competition committee" decided the no catch by Bryant against GB in 2014/2015 was actually a catch along with the one they ruled wasn't a catch against Calvin Johnson awhile back. No sense crying over spilled milk but realistically, it was the last shot Romo had at a ring. Even John farging Mara was on board, even though I'll bet he smirked when the vote happened. So, now they're going to tweak the farging rules. Again. They should just turn back the clock 40+ years and undo every farging rule tweak they've done, starting with the PI rules that favored WRs around '77, '78. Oh well.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0760203828007017322-4

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/2/27/17058904/its-semi-official-dez-byant-caught-it-dallas-cowboys-green-bay-packers

It'll likely make the NFL draft at AT&T Stadium in Arlington this April entertaining every time the schmuck Goodell goes to the podium.

ice grillin you

jesus

its still just all on paper but..rams eagles saints and vikings could turn into a sick race for the nfc title

QuoteFormer Dolphins' DT Ndamukong Suh reached agreement with Los Angeles Rams on a one-year, $14 million deal, per source. Suh took less to go to LA.

Suh and Aaron Donald now manning LA's front.

SD

QB Eagles

QuoteSuh took less

Fake news detected.

ice grillin you

seven of the rams 11 defensive players are first round picks

ice grillin you

not often a player of that caliber leaving your teams division would be a bad thing...also great headline