Divisional Round - 2016

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 08, 2017, 04:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomahawk

Do any fights receive national media coverage? When the national media talks about the Eagles, it's almost always about booing Santa, not about how Die Hard will punch you in the jabberjaw because you're a fleshpop

smeags

you may have a good point, not that I track this stuff, but I do remember the puker at the Phillies game got more press then any fight has.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

Quote from: Tomahawk on January 16, 2017, 10:23:08 AM
Do any fights receive national media coverage? When the national media talks about the Eagles, it's almost always about booing Santa, not about how Die Hard will punch you in the jabberjaw because you're a fleshpop

pretty much none do...and certainly not one as weak as that dal gb one...actually suprised that even made the internet

ive seen many full scale section brawls at games this year none of which got national attention...only ones that do get the spotlight is like the raven raider one where the guy was put into a coma...the occasional stabbing will get attention as well...but a regular fist brawl with no life threatening injuries?....never
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Tomahawk

The Raiders stabbing is the last one I remember and it seems like that was 10 years ago

smeags

so to summarize -

booing santa/mcnabb - a lifetime of mention and ridicule.

fighting/stabbing - meh

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Tomahawk

Goodell doesn't want people afraid to go games because they might get their asses kicked (or in my case, be forced to kick some ass) so he makes sure all stories of fights are squashed.

Don Ho

Quote from: Tomahawk on January 16, 2017, 10:23:08 AM

That was my screensaver one year
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

At this point I'm not sure what's more played out: the media bringing up the Santa Claus thing, or Philly fans bitching about the media bringing up the Santa Claus thing.

I mean it's not a horrible condemnation of us and all that we stand for, it's a dopey sports story the media tells to get across the idea that it's a tough town.

MDS

ratings for the 830 game were up ever so slightly from the 100 game last year

im not entirely sure how this will go but if they do make the primetime move i foresee the sunday games being 300/645 not 440/830. networks will want a spot on the backend of the 645 game to slap a dumb show onto. like ncis or the 24 reboot POS or the big theory takes a shtein on comedy or whatever.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on January 17, 2017, 11:02:41 PM
At this point I'm not sure what's more played out: the media bringing up the Santa Claus thing, or Philly fans bitching about the media bringing up the Santa Claus thing.

if you even have to ask this then you arent a philly fan

the media bringing it up is awesome and people bitching about it is Hoyda

next self answering question?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Wasn't the last publicized NFL-related fight two Eagles between two Eagles beat writers?

The man. The myth. The legend.