Marcus Smith, OLB, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, May 08, 2014, 11:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: TexasEagle on May 09, 2014, 09:30:17 AM
I'm not about to pretend I know anything about this guy (or 90% of the players in the draft) but it was a head scratcher pick. Hopefully he plays well.

After Cooks went to NO there was no pick that would have satisfied everyone I know, but who would you guys have preferred they picked? Serious question here because I don't follow players in college football, just teams.

theres seriously too many to mention...I personally wouldn't have taken smith before the third round
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

smeags

not sure about you guys but last night has me super pumped to make my next season ticket payment on 5/14.

:yay
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

BigEd76

Quote from: TexasEagle on May 09, 2014, 09:30:17 AMAfter Cooks went to NO there was no pick that would have satisfied everyone I know, but who would you guys have preferred they picked? Serious question here because I don't follow players in college football, just teams.

Clinton-Dix went to GB with the next pick (and said "damn" on TV when it was announced)
Deone Bucannon
Kelvin Benjamin

Marqise Lee (who has some questions about his knee) is still available
Ra'Shede Hageman (large DL that's also somewhat of a project) is still available
Louis Nix (NT with health issues but was considered top 15-20 before the season) is still available
Timmy Jernigan (DT who was projected top 15-20) is still available
Xavier Su'a-Filo (top 3 OG) is still available

The top WRs that are still left (Allen Robinson, Davante Adams, Cody Latimer, Donte Moncrief, Jordan Matthews, Martavis Bryant, Paul Richardson) should all go tonight (none were worthy of #26 anyway), but most might be gone by #54

SunMo

the board of whiney funholes is acting like whiney funholes.  super surprised you guys
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Geowhizzer

Glad they got some extra value from 22.
The pick?  Meh.  I guess we'll see what he has in the fall.

SD

Quote from: SunMo on May 09, 2014, 12:28:24 PM
the board of whiney funholes is acting like whiney funholes.  super surprised you guys

In return you whine about fans voicing their opinions. I love you guys

PhillyPhreak54

I can only imagine what the "pulse of Philadelphia" and "the voice of the people" WIP screamers are saying. Did Angelo hang himself this morning?

Eagles_Legendz

McShay:

• I've learned over the years of doing this that sometimes the best picks are the ones that make the least sense on draft night, but I personally did not see Marcus Smith as a first-rounder. (For perspective, he was the 80th-ranked player on our board.) To the Eagles' credit, they moved back to No. 26 and got extra compensation, and he is a good system fit with high upside. But Smith brings some concerns, including his poor change-of-direction skills and stiffness in his movements.

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

Quote from: SD on May 09, 2014, 01:17:37 PM
Quote from: SunMo on May 09, 2014, 12:28:24 PM

In return you whine about fans voicing their opinions. I love you guys

You're not supposed to have opinions, especially emotional ones.  Didn't you get the memo?

LBIggle

i'm not going to pretend to know a ton about the guy, but that "highlight" youtube reel looks pretty underwhelming.  he looks like he likes to arm tackle though, so that should translate well to the nfl.

Eagles_Legendz

Really thought Cooks was going to make it to them at 22.  Arizona was supposed to go QB at 20, and Packers picking in the secondary. 

ice grillin you

on nfl live homer jaws just named smith as the worst pick of the first round.....said he wanted more of a sizzle pick and that theres limited upside there
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 09, 2014, 02:58:08 PM
on nfl live homer jaws just named smith as the worst pick of the first round.....said he wanted more of a sizzle pick and that theres limited upside there

He's just a whiney funhole too