Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Tunisia gave them a run today.  They're no Trinidad & Tobago but still. 

MDS

the us is a farging farce...if they were there theyd go 0-3-0
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Are you really having that much trouble recognizing blatant sarcasm or did you take some low grade acid earlier?

ice grillin you

btwn not even knowing what channel fox is to zero coverage without the us in it this has been the best World Cup ever...a few times since nice it's started I have forgotten it was going on
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hbionic

So, Argentina laid an egg today. A massive one at that. That team can never get it together.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

hbionic

So, Mexico escaped with a win.

Still not through to the next round. Need a swedish win or tie. That would be bigger than Mexico's win over Germany.

Rome

Belgium is incredible.  Holy moley.  Nice win for you today, buddy.  Congrats.

hbionic

Romey, Belgium has yet to prove they can advance. Seems like they always go in with just as much talent if not more than the other top teams in Europe but do their best Mexico impression and flame out after the knockout stage.

But I agree, Hazard, Lukaku, and Mertens with De Bruyne backing them up is scary as hell.

Diomedes

With the United States out...who y'all rooting for?

I'm for Mexico
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Belgium.  Lukaku is a god. 

Don Ho

Lukaku could be a starting safety in the NFL.  Guy is a freakin' beast.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: Diomedes on June 25, 2018, 04:46:02 PM
With the United States out...who y'all rooting for?

I'm for Mexico

Portugal. All about the roots.  Watching England as it would be interesting if they go deep in the WC after all those years of failure with Wayne Rooney.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

phattymatty

pretty cool...this reporter told messi that he gave him a good luck charm from his wife after the first game and then messi shows that he's actually worn it since then.  reporter is amazed.

https://youtu.be/bfUd6uCijhU

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.