Best/Worst liked Dog Breeds

Started by hbionic, July 12, 2007, 07:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomahawk

Quote from: AO1 on November 15, 2017, 01:14:24 PM
I can't understand how'd they be this irresponsible.

At least 85.7 percent of the population is dumb as farg

smeags

so, had to put my boxer down last Thursday. very sudden, came to find out he had a brain tumor. went from a typical boxer chasing squirrels and being high strung, to gone, in a 3 day span.

easily the greatest dog we ever had and thats saying something.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Sgt PSN

Damn, that sucks.  Sorry bro. 

SD

Sucks dude. How old? I feel more sympathy for dogs than I do humans.

PhillyPhreak54

Sorry to hear that Sean...that's rough

Tomahawk

Sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers!

ice grillin you

thats weird had a dog that died last xmas eve of a brain tumor and the same thing...went from totally normal to pissing itself while having seizures to dead in less than 48 hrs
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hbionic

Moral of the story: It's probably a good idea to not be a dog with a brain tumor.

Sucks for your losses. Out of anything in life, it seems unfair for family dogs to die. They're the last ones that deserve that. All those creatures want is to make you happy, eat, play, shtein, and hump. I hate god for this specific reason.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

SD

Out of curiosity for my own dogs health I researched the brain tumor subject. It's common in older dogs and boxers are one of the most common breeds to get them.

smeags

Quote from: AO1 on November 15, 2017, 09:01:13 PM
Sucks dude. How old? I feel more sympathy for dogs than I do humans.

he was only 8yrs old and you're right boxers are prone to them but i didn't think it would happen if it did this soon.

worst part was my 10yr old, this was his first loss at an age where he is understanding things.

igy pretty much described it to a T. he was full of life one day to having seizures and peeing all over himself and everything else the next.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: AO1 on November 16, 2017, 02:44:43 PM
Out of curiosity for my own dogs health I researched the brain tumor subject. It's common in older dogs and boxers are one of the most common breeds to get them.

Yeah, boxers are at higher risk for tumors in general I believe. Not sure why exactly, but they just are.

Diomedes

Quote from: smeags on November 16, 2017, 03:13:39 PMworst part was my 10yr old, this was his first loss at an age where he is understanding things.

I'm sure it was tough for him.  As a parent, I think a dead pet is a great, relatively soft, lesson in life.   My kids (8 and 5) have already had to say goodbye to a dog and a cat, and their grandmother's dog.  Sad times to be sure but they got important experience that will serve them when more important losses befall them.

Frankly, the fact that pets die is one of the reasons to have them at all. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

smeags

yeah I see it the same way, its life and he has to learn to deal with this type of situation. I was actually proud of him as he made sure he went to the vet with me and was there when they put him down.

Tomahawk

WaPo let me read that article...democracy lives!

The dogs didn't kill her.