The Wire

Started by ice grillin you, May 01, 2007, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

his manhood was questioned

he tried to make it was a businessman and got taken to the cleaners....the drug game was boring him...avon said he was too dumb to make it in the real world and too weak to make in the game...you ever snatch a life?

and then, perhaps the best scene in the show.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

I think it was a combo of both. You see him stressed the farg out prior to that scene, smoking cigarettes, getting mad at Donette for talking to Mcnulty. My interpretation is he shows up to tell Avon, then Avon starts questioning his manhood, that's when his ego kicks in and he goes full tilt. But the original motivation was to tell him because he thought it was going to lead back to him. That was tearing him apart.

MDS

i believe earlier in that scene he ordered slim to clip clay davis...then avon comes in and is like dude you serious. he was desperate, angry, defeated and hurt. his manhood and his very being were questioned. a true moment of weakness. not to mention his and avon's relationship had been crumbling for a few years now.

god damnit this show was good.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on September 15, 2017, 11:57:55 AM
i believe earlier in that scene he ordered slim to clip clay davis...then avon comes in and is like dude you serious. he was desperate, angry, defeated and hurt. his manhood and his very being were questioned. a true moment of weakness. not to mention his and avon's relationship had been crumbling for a few years now.

Yeah they were way different at heart and it eventually caused the split. You're right when he told Slim to hit Clay Davis he was cracking. And Avon, rather than doing what String was doing and just stacking the cash and going as legit as possible with an exit in mind, had the street and the game too ingrained in him.

SD

Quote from: MDS on September 15, 2017, 11:57:55 AM

That scene was a few episodes prior, but that was a big cause of the rift. Stringer wanted to go away from the street stuff and become a businessman, the co-op wanted peace, Marlo was even willing to stop the war and get in on the co-op as long as he could keep his corners, but Avon wasn't having any of that, he wanted his corners back. Avon was the anomaly that was messing everything up. Stringer was doing the right thing, he didn't have it in him to take out Avon, he even talks to Bunny about lessening his sentence once they busted up their war arsenal. Stringer was at his wits end and the only way to make it all work was to get Avon out of the picture without his name being mentioned. He ratted on Avon for his own greed but it was still the right thing to do for the good of business and to stop the war. Mcnulty has a conversation with Bunny at the end saying he put Stringers name on the arrest warrant, Bunny says you always did cut corners. Stringer wasn't supposed to be mentioned, but since he was dead, it didn't matter.

SD

Herc: You got to promise you don't say shtein about this.
Carver: You saw him, what did you say?
Herc: I said gee Mr. Mayor you got a nice hard dick there
Carver: Laughs
Herc: I'm farged in the ass with a pineapple. They're gonna throw me on a boat like they did Mcnulty

SD

I'm sure this was posted already, but it's the first time I've seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP7By1cZtzE

smeags

I got Jr to start watching this. needless to say 3 episodes in and he's hooked.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

I'm not starting another season again until I have more time. I watch one episode, I get hooked and it takes over my life.

ice grillin you

i would love to watch it with someone who has never seen it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

maurie levy as a cop on the duece is farging weird

SD

Still my favorite Levy scene and one of the greatest scenes on the show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFYv6sixE0g

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

my favorite levy scenes are when hes meeting with any mix of perlman the feds and especially mcnutty....the best is probably when hes chomping on the macadamia nuts...its more a mcnulty scene than a levy scene but holy shtein is it good
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 05, 2017, 11:17:29 AM
the best is probably when hes chomping on the macadamia nuts...its more a mcnulty scene than a levy scene but holy shtein is it good

I think of that as the scene where McNulty has the least control over his British accent.