Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

from what i understand its a test to see how often people will use it and how much money is made off of it. basically they are just gathering consumer data with this.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Reading about how it works, I guess you sign up and they mail you a debit card.  Then you go to the theater and select the movie you want to see via their app and location services verify you are at a theater. Then they apply funds in the amount of the ticket to the debit card and you go to the counter and buy your ticket.

That sound about right?

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on August 17, 2017, 03:00:14 PM
from what i understand its a test to see how often people will use it and how much money is made off of it. basically they are just gathering consumer data with this.

they are definitely going to not understand the math and think its inflated numbers after im done with this thing
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

SD

Doctor Strange...ok I guess

American Werewolf in London was on. Haven't seen it in years. Still one of the greatest horror films of all time.

smeags

watchmen was on hbo yesterday. its become one of those movies that I cant skip by when I see it on the guide.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Sgt PSN

Wind River - Fictional story that's pretty much an every day reality for Native Americans, particularly Native women living on reservations.  The movie itself was ok enough, not great imo, because I did find it to be a bit predictable...but that could just be because of all the insight I've gotten from my squaw over the last decade.  Still, definitely a story that needed to be told and it really hits on quite a few of the systematic shortcomings and failures within the fed gov't and the way they deal with/handle tribal concerns along with highlighting some everyday problems Natives face on the rez. 

Basically, if you remove the native element and tell the same story about a group of white people in an Alabama trailer park, it'd probably be a very average, forgettable movie.  But because there's such a strong need to raise public awareness about this, I highly recommend seeing it. 

General_Failure

I got dragged to the new It movie last night. It was laughably bad. Pennywise is a mouth breather now. The makeup on the non-clown monsters wasn't great. Pennywise said "Beep Beep, Richie" once, but up until that point it wasn't mentioned so it made no sense. No mention of deadlights, either. The setting was supposed to be late 80s, but still had too much of the late 50s/early 60s to really work.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagles_Legendz

It's getting very good reviews.   Surprised to hear that.

SD

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on September 08, 2017, 10:51:25 AM
It's getting very good reviews.   Surprised to hear that.

Me too.

I was a teenager when the tv series aired, and at the time it was incredible. 20 years later it doesn't hold up well but it's still memorable.

When I watched the trailer I really had no interest in seeing it until it hit cable. I didn't like the look of the new Pennywise, reminded me of Annabelle or whatever horror doll flick they're floating out there these days. My buddy saw it and raved about it. Looked on RT and it's getting great reviews. I'm gonna check it out next week, I can't remember the last horror flick I saw in the theaters.

ice grillin you

it looks amazing and is not just getting great reviews but getting great reviews from good critics not just horror movie blogs

SD

Quote from: General_Failure on September 08, 2017, 09:36:54 AM
I got dragged to the new It movie last night. It was laughably bad. Pennywise is a mouth breather now. The makeup on the non-clown monsters wasn't great. Pennywise said "Beep Beep, Richie" once, but up until that point it wasn't mentioned so it made no sense. No mention of deadlights, either. The setting was supposed to be late 80s, but still had too much of the late 50s/early 60s to really work.

My Aunt is a horror film junkie. I text'd her last night to see if she wanted to catch a late showing but she already saw It, here's what she said: "I thought it was kinda sloppy with the "scares" and pop outs...the acting was ehh. Pennywise sounds a little too much like Scooby Doo.

ice grillin you

Quote from: phattymatty on August 17, 2017, 09:12:39 AM
Anyone see this MoviePass thing?

I go to like one movie a year in the theaters but I think with this I would go pretty often. Just because. Seems pretty amazing for customers. Probably going to test it out for a month or so. Their website has been pretty buggy so far but it apparently works at any theater that takes debit cards? I assume that's all of them?

That being said, I have no idea how they will last as a company. Only thing I can think of is they think it'll get really hot like Netflix and then the big movie theaters will have to bring them onboard somehow.  I don't see it lasting more than a few months until they are broke.

so i ordered this on august 15 and they charged my card on yup august 15....pretty efficient....one problem....i still have yet to receive anything in the mail

ice grillin you

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 17, 2017, 11:50:21 AM
i joined it even tho it seems too good to be true....but i easily average two movies a month and ill see anything for free so if this is real ill probably go at least once a week...of it isnt real well oh well it was just ten bucks

six weeks and four emails later still have heard nothing....pretty predictable

SD

I found IT on a hack site, but it's way too dark (color of screen not tone of the movie) to enjoy. Made it to the sewer scene. If the rest of the movie is like the first 15 minutes I can't see it being bad.