Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I'm glad to hear it.  I have advance tix myself and I was concerned it would suck because Ron Howard is a farging hack. 

An I still say Rogue One was the best of all of them. 

smeags

Ill try to get there this weekend for solo.

Anyone see dead pool 2 yet ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

I was gonna go on Sunday but said fargit when the girls made other plans. 

smeags

Quote from: Rome on May 22, 2018, 11:50:27 AM
I was gonna go on Sunday but said fargit when the girls made other plans.

my neighbor, who is an ultra comic nerd, thought it was on par with infity war.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

General_Failure

I saw it the other day. It was a great comedy action movie, and the mid-credits scenes are easily the best that will ever happen in a comic book movie.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagles_Legendz

how in the world did game night get good reviews?  Jesus

Rome

Solo was a smidge better than ok.  There's a specific line in the movie that caused me to laugh out loud and Emilia Clarke was fantastic.  So was Glover and Woody was great as always.  The guy who played Solo is a really horrible actor.  For a caper movie it was predictable and a tad boring.  There's a major farging surprise toward the end that was pretty cool.  I don't know... I guess a "B" for a score. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on May 24, 2018, 10:45:55 PM
how in the world did game night get good reviews?  Jesus

i thought it was just OK but i agree the reviews were too high

girls night - this is the movie i feel that way about....it was embarrassingly bad....in over two hours i think it legit might have had two funny things...and the rest wasnt just boring or mildly unfunny it was painful....like i felt uncomfortable for the makers of the movie while watching it thinking about while they were making this how they thought they were producing funny shtein

2/10
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

i also thought game night was pretty terrible.  fine to brainlessly watch while high and i laughed a few times but not a good movie.  very surprised to see it got good reviews.

i saw black panther last week. one of the better comic book movies i guess but i don't really see the hype. i get the cultural significance of there finally being black people in a marvel movie but i have no desire to watch it a second time.

General_Failure

I thought it would be a good idea to catch up on some of these Marvel movies I skipped. It wasn't.

Thor Ragnarok: I'm glad somebody figured out that Guardians of the Galaxy was fun and the last Thor movie was terrible, but they leaned too hard on 80s camp. I'm glad they took Thor from idiot with bad dialogue to doofus who's capable of learning but has corny dialogue, but again they leaned a little too hard on it.

Spider-Man Homecoming: Turned it off after a half hour. I just can't watch shtein where they build up to a character you're supposed to like walking face first into embarrassment and humiliation. If I wanted to see that I'd just record myself just talking to people.

Also, The Last Jedi. That sure was a two and a half hour movie that went fargin' nowhere, did nothing, and wasted what could have been interesting characters.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

Solo is a bomb at the box office.  I don't think it deserves to be but there was nothing special whatsoever about it.  Even the Wookie luvas are steering clear of this one.  Not surprising at all considering they hired as milquetoast a director as you will ever find after Lord & Miller were shteincanned.

It's not really on Richie Cunningham, though.  This fiasco is all on Kathy Kennedy.  Precisely what was so terrific about Rogue One is bad about this one.  Rogue One was all about taking chances and this was all about playing it safe. 

Maybe now they'll come to their senses and start making movies that aren't PC borefests. 

MDS

Quote from: Rome on May 28, 2018, 07:24:02 AM
Solo is a bomb at the box office.

i mean i dont care about star trek but it made 80+ mil already

its not as much as the others but its hardly a bomb
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Most of that is TLJ backlash. I had no interest in seeing Solo because TLJ was so bad and a backstory without HF just seemed pointless. Free advanced screening tickets in IMAX changed my mind. Howard was hired late and they had to reshoot 2/3's of the scenes. SW fans never asked for a Solo backstory. They did a good job at showing another side to f the SW universe that had nothing to do with the force and little to do with the Empire. It wasn't a good movie but it was fun. I'm not going to see EP 9. Like Crystals Skulls I'm just going to go ahead and pretend 7/8/9 never happened.

Rome

Quote from: MDS on May 28, 2018, 10:09:17 AM
Quote from: Rome on May 28, 2018, 07:24:02 AM
Solo is a bomb at the box office.

i mean i dont care about star trek but it made 80+ mil already

its not as much as the others but its hardly a bomb

$300M in production costs and that doesn't include prints or ad buys. 

It's a huge disappointment, but hardly surprising.  Like SD inferred, fans are tired of being preached at and this movie, although not bad at all, is eminently skippable.  Disney better start paying attention and stop the hamfisted message-cramming. 

Rome

Oh and the whole "Lando is pansexual" is exactly the sort of nonsense I'm talking about.  And the chick robot as freedom fighter?  Good god just shut up, already.