Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i could be wrong but i dont think you can buy tickets in advance...it has to be same day showings

also if the movie theater participates in movie pass then you can get any ticket to any showing
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Nice

http://www.businessinsider.com/moviepass-faq-2017-8/#does-it-work-at-theaters-with-reserved-seating-14

How far ahead do I have to reserve a ticket? Can I just use it on a whim?

There's no specific time frame when you're supposed to use MoviePass. Simply use it the same way as you would any other debit card.

ice grillin you

Rome

I have generally stopped using Fandango because our new theater is reserve seats only.  I just check to see how many seats are left in showings, then go to the theater and select them there. 

Why pay the service fees if you don't have to?

That doesn't work for event movies like Star Wars but for most other movies it works fine.  I did it yesterday with JL.  Got two in the first row.  I would have just waited another half hour if they were snatched up. 

General_Failure

Justice League wasn't the shteinshow I was expecting, but it did open with one of those zesty indie chick song covers that went on for way too long.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Munson

Thor was hilarious. They really leaned into the whole Thor being super vain and kind of dumb thing, and it worked.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Sgt PSN

Did a Justice League/Thor back to back with my squaw today. 

Justice League was pretty decent.  Solid popcorn flick but like most DC movies, it just felt like an incomplete movie.  A lot of the cgi was not very good though....like the bat mobile scene towards the end of the movie.  That was kinda bad, actually.  Probably blew the budget creating Steppenwolf, which was pretty well done.   I assume they're going to be doing a sequel or 2 out of this. 

Thor was excellent, imo.  Very enjoyable.  I really dug the 70s production vibe it had to it.  Reminded me of the old Flash Gordon movie in a lot of ways, but with much better/realistic looking effects. 

Trailer for Black Panther was awesome.  Definitely can't wait for that one. 

Munson

Thor was hilarious. I know some people might not want one of these movies to be a pure comedy but it worked super well with those characters.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Sgt PSN

ice grillin you

QuoteA pointless flail of expensive (yet, somehow, cheap-looking) CGI that no amount of tacked-on quips, or even Gadot's luminescent star power, can rescue.

QB Eagles

How many hours of superhero content are some of you guys watching on a yearly basis? Seems like between movies and TV it would be possible to watch nothing else, and I think there are some people out there actually doing that.

Sgt PSN

Cool, a quote from an unnamed someone I don't give a farg about. That'll show me! 

I enjoyed it well enough.  You don't even like the genre. Stick to indie docs and Miller's Crossing, ya mongoloid.  mkaythnx.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: QB Eagles on November 24, 2017, 11:19:27 AM
How many hours of superhero content are some of you guys watching on a yearly basis? Seems like between movies and TV it would be possible to watch nothing else, and I think there are some people out there actually doing that.

I watch all Marvel series on Netflix, so that's like 13 - 14 hours per series. 

I really dug Legion on FX and will continue to watch that.

SHIELD is meh...I usually zone in and out when that's on, but I watch it.

Inhumans is junk. I'm pretty sure the same exact people who brought us Hercules and Xena are behind this.

I've never seen any of the DC shows because they look terrible.

How many comic movies come out each year?  Feels like I might go to 6 or 7.

So I guess I might spend 100 hours per year watching this stuff. Leaves me plenty of time to watch sportsball games and Jeopardy!

General_Failure

Less than ten if I can help it. I don't care for any of the tv shows enough to watch them, and I only see the movies when I get dragged to them.

The man. The myth. The legend.