Science 'n Shtein

Started by hbionic, August 23, 2011, 02:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

...but yet they can't find their car in the mall parking lot?

*Stolen from a comedian.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Diomedes

Last I heard, harpoons didn't fire.  It's out of contact for a few hours because the mothership satellite is behind the comet, so there's still much to learn.  How f'n dramatic, and what an amazing success.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

whats incredible to me is that it took ten years to reach the comet....then had to make a seven hour free fall drop in the hopes it would hit the comet perfectly and land

oh the comet was travelling 41,000 miles per minute
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

So was the probe.  It's a pretty amazing accomplishment, though. 

SD

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on November 12, 2014, 08:01:05 PM
So was the probe.  It's a pretty amazing accomplishment, though.

QuoteFor the mission team, the seven-hour descent, during which Philae fell at walking speed towards the comet's surface, was a nail-biting experience. The lander separated from its mothership at 0835 GMT with confirmation received on Earth at 0903. For the early part of the 20km descent, Philae was expected to be out of contact with Rosetta. Around 1100 GMT the mothership reacquired a signal from the lander, which duly unfurled its legs and began to take pictures. The first image taken just 50 seconds after separation revealed a look back at the mothership, one of its 14-metre-long solar arrays clearly visible, as Philae fell silently to its destination.

MDS

how mad are republicans right now
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hbionic

Quote from: MDS on November 12, 2014, 09:37:30 PM
how mad are republicans right now

MDS, don't know where that came from, but it it seems that that statement can be applied to many things. Nice job.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

LBIggle

i wonder if they played the armageddon theme song in the control room.

definitely cool though. i really wish they would make a solid push to land on mars.  but you know.. wars and shtein.

General_Failure

Quote from: LBIggle on November 12, 2014, 11:11:29 PM
i wonder if they played the armageddon theme song in the control room.

They were going to, but the guy in charge of music left his iPod in the car. They told him to hurry and go get it but it was too close to the landing time and he said he didn't wanna... well, you know.

The man. The myth. The legend.

shorebird

I just watched a very interesting Ancient Aliens titled "Aliens and the Creation of Man." Basically, the show credited aliens with the rapid advances made thousands of years ago, like language, alphabet and the ability to write. The show suggested that ancient aliens came to our world to mine gold for their planet, and engineered human beings using their own DNA coupled with the DNA of whatever species existed at that time to be smart enough and able to work at mining the gold. Neanderthals maybe? It seems to me that could explain the missing link. It was said that in the first written records of every culture on earth, language is said to have been a gift of beings from the sky and that the engineering of the new species of man is what created Adam and Eve. All over the world there are unexplainable events in history scientist have been trying to figure out were people created structures and used architecture and stuff to make giant advances their civilizations that were just beyond the scope of what was known and available to people back then. If you haven't seen it, watch it, it makes a whole lot more sense than anything I've seen before about answers to the question about the missing link. It makes you think of the Bible like a comic book. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: shorebird on November 14, 2014, 12:12:53 PM
I just watched a very interesting Ancient Aliens titled "Aliens and the Creation of Man." Basically, the show credited aliens with the rapid advances made thousands of years ago, like language, alphabet and the ability to write. The show suggested that ancient aliens came to our world to mine gold for their planet, and engineered human beings using their own DNA coupled with the DNA of whatever species existed at that time to be smart enough and able to work at mining the gold. Neanderthals maybe? It seems to me that could explain the missing link. It was said that in the first written records of every culture on earth, language is said to have been a gift of beings from the sky and that the engineering of the new species of man is what created Adam and Eve. All over the world there are unexplainable events in history scientist have been trying to figure out were people created structures and used architecture and stuff to make giant advances their civilizations that were just beyond the scope of what was known and available to people back then. If you haven't seen it, watch it, it makes a whole lot more sense than anything I've seen before about answers to the question about the missing link. It makes you think of the Bible like a comic book.

lol wtf?

shorebird

Yeah I know, the show was from '11' but I hadn't seen it. Call me crazy but it makes sense.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.