Science 'n Shtein

Started by hbionic, August 23, 2011, 02:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

Plastic Legacy: Humankind's Trash Is Now a New Rock

QuoteMelted plastic trash on beaches can sometimes mix with sediment, basaltic lava fragments and organic debris (such as shells) to produce a new type of rock material, new research shows.

The new material, dubbed plastiglomerate, will forever remain in Earth's rock record, and in the future may serve as a geological marker for humankind's impact on the planet, researchers say.

The man. The myth. The legend.

smeags

so 1,000 years from people will be digging in the plastic at the jersey shore.

and SD will still be denying that man plays any part in the planet's enviroment in the future.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Eagaholic

Quote from: smeags on June 04, 2014, 04:30:33 PM
so 1,000 years from people will be digging in the plastic at the jersey shore.

and SD will still be denying that man women play any part in the planet's enviroment in the future.
fixed

General_Failure

'Super computer' first to pass Turing Test, convince judges it's alive

QuoteThe test was devised in 1950 by computer science pioneer and World War II code breaker Alan Turing, who said that if a machine was indistinguishable from a human, then it was "thinking".

Advertisement
No computer had ever previously passed the Turing Test, which requires 30 per cent of human interrogators to be duped during a series of five-minute keyboard conversations, organisers from the University of Reading said.

But "Eugene Goostman", a computer program developed to simulate a 13-year-old boy, managed to convince 33 per cent of the judges that it was human, the university said.

The program now has a full time job working for the FBI as a pedophile honeypot.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 09, 2014, 02:17:56 PM
http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/godzilla-huge-shark-eaten-by-mystery-sea-monster-according-to-scientists/story-fnjwkt0b-1226947396017

Mystery solved
QuoteData captured on the device showed there was a rapid temperature rise along with a sudden, sharp 580-metres plunge.

The shark was eaten by global warming

General_Failure

Global warming causes Godzillas.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Eagaholic

If there's some huge sea monster out there that the scientists haven't found yet, they better get kraken.

hbionic

I agree. They may find a big foot up their ass if they don't hurry.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

General_Failure

CEO Elon Musk opens up Tesla's patents to all

QuoteTesla Motors CEO Elon Musk announced Thursday that the company is taking the unusual step of going to an "open source" approach, suspending enforcement of its patents to encourage development of advanced electric cars.

Tesla, considered a leader in development of long-range electric cars, battery packs and the electronics and software that power them, has about 200 patents. None are being held back, Musk says.

"Tesla will not initiate patent lawsuits against anyone who, in good faith, wants to use our technology," he wrote in a blog post.

Yeti

Quote from: hbionic on June 10, 2014, 05:17:12 PM

not funny.
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

Eagaholic

Quote from: Yeti on June 12, 2014, 11:59:31 PM
Quote from: hbionic on June 10, 2014, 05:17:12 PM

not funny.

Yeah, you need to knock less monsters.

ice grillin you

Quote from: General_Failure on June 12, 2014, 07:45:29 PM
CEO Elon Musk opens up Tesla's patents to all

QuoteTesla Motors CEO Elon Musk announced Thursday that the company is taking the unusual step of going to an "open source" approach, suspending enforcement of its patents to encourage development of advanced electric cars.

Tesla, considered a leader in development of long-range electric cars, battery packs and the electronics and software that power them, has about 200 patents. None are being held back, Musk says.

"Tesla will not initiate patent lawsuits against anyone who, in good faith, wants to use our technology," he wrote in a blog post.

wow thats refreshing....someone who actually cares about stuff other than himself
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous