Science 'n Shtein

Started by hbionic, August 23, 2011, 02:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Diomedes

http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/48882

QuoteA light-emitting diode (LED) that emits more light energy than it consumes in electrical energy has been unveiled by researchers in the US....The possibility of such a device was first predicted in 1957, but a practical version had proved impossible to create until now. Potential applications of the phenomenon include energy-efficient lighting and cryogenic refrigeration.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hbionic

Regardless of all the shtein that's happening around the world...we are living in an amazing area in terms of scientific and technological advances....just wished I lived in the era when we finally found a way to traverse great distances in little time across space to other star systems.

rjs246

I want to hear more about that fungus that eats plastic (I think GF posted about it?). I mean, does anyone understand the implications of that? A man made product, one that legitimately makes life better/easier/safer but is toxic, fills our lands and oceans with shtein and was previously thought to be effectively non-biodegradable, could potentially be brought under control. That's huge and really scientifically interesting.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

My balls are huge and scientifically interesting.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

hbionic

Agreed about the fungus. All I can think of is all of those diapers taking up space just being eaten up by shtein/piss loving fungus.

Also...a while back...I had seen something about the fact that eggshells absorb carbon dioxide. Have not seen anything regarding that lately.

Sgt PSN

I'm a little confused.....Dio's ball fungus eats plastic? 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: hbionic on March 09, 2012, 03:51:30 PM
Regardless of all the shtein that's happening around the world...we are living in an amazing area in terms of scientific and technological advances

Louis CK agrees with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r1CZTLk-Gk

rjs246

Quote from: Sgt PSN on March 09, 2012, 05:24:57 PM
I'm a little confused.....Dio's ball fungus eats plastic? 

Doesn't sound like you're confused at all. In fact it sounds like you nailed it.

Let them eat bootstraps.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

reese125

Damn-crazy.

Dr Rodriguez was one of my top docs I worked with in the operating room at UMMC. He was already considered world renown in plastics but this surgery just put the stamp on it. Very cool dude too.

Sgt PSN

Yeah, that is absolutely insane.  Previous face transplant recipients were still kind of messed up looking but this dude looks relatively normal. 

General_Failure

One capsule could make radioactive liquids potable

QuoteThe technique uses metal oxide nanoparticles which bond to a number of chemicals, removing them from the liquid. They've been shown to absorb all of the radioactive actinides: actinium, thorium, protactinium, uranium, neptunium, plutonium, americium, curium, berkelium, unobtanium, californium, einsteinium, fermium, mendelevium, nobelium and lawrencium; as well as strontium, lead, arsenic, and radioactive and non-radioactive elements.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds