The Wire

Started by ice grillin you, May 01, 2007, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

might or might not get this book

im getting this book
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

just started the new wire book...so far so great
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

10 years ago today the finale aired

youre all old
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

10 years ago today I still hasn't seen a single minute of it.

SD

MDS

Quote from: Sgt PSN on March 09, 2018, 11:44:42 PM
10 years ago today I still hasn't seen a single minute of it.

i know youre trying to troll or do some kind of shtick but youre in an amazing envious position....you have the greatest piece of content in front of you ready to be consumed.

Sgt PSN

No dumbass, I've already watched it like 3x. But I never saw it during it's actual run.

MDS

oh sorry i didnt know your history of watching a tv show...sincere apologies

General_Failure

Someone should start a thread about what tv shows everyone's watching so that this never happens again.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

If only there were some way to find out what people have previously said on this forum.

You can dig up a Jay hot take from 2006 but can't look back 4 pages in this thread. 

MDS

simon and burns are back together for this

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/david-simon-plot-against-america-hbo-1203023114/

they had major beef by the end of the wire (burns really kinda bailed during the middle of s5) and didnt even do that much together on generation kill...so this is their first major collaboration since the flawless s4

ice grillin you

david simon on twitter today...

QuotePhilly almost played for Baltimore when Marty O'Malley threatened to toss HBO out of Baltimore between seasons of The Wire.

MDS

story has been out there

o'malley thought that by blocking the filming, theyd make it about some place else. simon told him otherwise. so he gave in and wound up on the show in s4.

ice grillin you

its in all the books

but he tweeted it today

ice grillin you