Around the NFL - 2018

Started by General_Failure, February 06, 2018, 07:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

I think Tyrod makes sense on the Browns, playing the Dougie P role, but giving up #65 for him seemed way high.

Between that and the dumptruck of money spent on a guy I think is merely above average (Landry), John Dorsey is handling Sashi Brown's assets with all the care of a Colangelo.

MDS

cousins isnt signing there...he wants to win now not maybe 4 years from now

in terms of a 1 year commitment to a placeholder you can do a lot worse than taylor. presumably the browns will draft a qb, so why invest in much if whatever veteran you get isnt your long term solution?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

They literally can't be worse than last season. It was nearly impossible to be worse than the season before that, but they pulled it off.

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

Quote from: General_Failure on March 12, 2018, 03:37:53 PM
They literally can't be worse than last season.

Have some faith in Hue. They came close to winning a couple of those games last year.

Geowhizzer

97.5 reported a rumor of Brees heading to the Vikings.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Geowhizzer on March 12, 2018, 05:40:32 PM
97.5 reported a rumor of Brees heading to the Vikings.

Seems like a non-story. The Vikings reached out. It would be news if Brees reached out.

Sgt PSN

Looks like Keenum to the Broncos is happening.

SD

Sammy Watkins got 3 years $48 million from the Chiefs. He's talented and all but not that talented. He wasn't even the #1 passing option on the Rams last season.

MDS

Quote from: AO1 on March 13, 2018, 08:52:41 AM
Sammy Watkins got 3 years $48 million from the Chiefs. He's talented and all but not that talented. He wasn't even the #1 passing option on the Rams last season.

chiefs are desperate and have to money to burn with smith off the books but this is dumb
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

It isn't even that Watkins is a bad player, it's just that salary is out of control. Andy Reid just Andy Reiding all over the damn place.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD

Looks like Bridgewater is getting traded the Jets

QB Eagles

Quote from: AO1 on March 13, 2018, 03:24:12 PM
Looks like Bridgewater is getting traded the Jets

He's a free agent. Minnesota isn't challenging whether his contract tolled.

SD

QB Eagles

Danny Amendola to the Fins. Surprised me.

SD

Packers are releasing Jordy Nelson and signing Jimmy Graham.