Michael Bennett, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Diomedes, March 07, 2018, 02:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

Quote from: Sgt PSN on March 09, 2018, 02:48:48 PM
Quote from: phattymatty on March 08, 2018, 11:57:10 AM
not liking bennett because he left a dog at a shelter is 100% that person's way of trying to hide their racism.

Not so much racist, but completely oblivious to her own white priviledge....as are most white people.

Bennett was a multimillionaire when he did that. It was a zesty thing to do. I wouldn't make a federal case of it, but how is a lack of privilege an excuse for abandoning a puppy?

Sgt PSN

I think you're getting your wires crossed a bit because that's not what I was implying at all.

Zanshin

Meh, I didn't read the whole thread, just the stuff in the quote. It's Friday, I'm tired, and it's not worth explaining why it looked like that to me. So, I'll just say have a great weekend ;-).

ice grillin you

i never heard of this story before sarge but if thats an accurate account i dont get why anyone would care....he put it in a kennel....and puppies go like hot cakes...if he dumped the dog on the side of the road i could see people being outraged

shtein even if he put a 13 year old dog in the kennel i could see being upset...which by the way happens all the time and is legit sad...but putting a puppy in a kennel shouldnt move the anger needle even a little bit
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Zanshin on March 09, 2018, 02:57:15 PM
Meh, I didn't read the whole thread, just the stuff in the quote. It's Friday, I'm tired, and it's not worth explaining why it looked like that to me. So, I'll just say have a great weekend ;-).

Lol.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 09, 2018, 02:58:49 PM
i never heard of this story before sarge but if thats an accurate account i dont get why anyone would care....he put it in a kennel....and puppies go like hot cakes...if he dumped the dog on the side of the road i could see people being outraged

shtein even if he put a 13 year old dog in the kennel i could see being upset...which by the way happens all the time and is legit sad...but putting a puppy in a kennel shouldnt move the anger needle even a little bit

Yeah, I mean the worst part of the story is that he tried dodging his bill with the kennel, not that he left a dog there. 

I mean, obviously he had the financial means to take the dog with him or do more to find it a home if he didn't want it any more, but yeah...in the end he left the dog in a dog care facility.  Not sure how this differs from leaving a baby on the front steps of an orphanage. At least the dog was inside and had food when it was abandoned.

Zanshin

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 09, 2018, 02:58:49 PM

Well, because it's a zesty thing to do to the dog and it's a zesty thing to do to the business whom you have an agreement with. It's not like he took the dog to a shelter, which would be different. Anger isn't the right word, but it was zesty. People do zesty things all the time; he's a person and this was a zesty thing he did. Not much arguing that unless you're really trying hard.

Zanshin

Sgt PSN

And for all I know the guy never had a dog before in his life and didn't realize how much work they are....especially boxers (it was a boxer if I didn't mention it before).  Maybe he legit didn't know the difference between a kennel and a shelter.  He was probably like 25 or 26 at the time. Old enough to probably know better, but I generally expect athletes to fall a bit below the bar in terms of common sense and maturity.

ice grillin you

im no kennel or adoption expert but my girl is...she does a lot of shtein with them and she always says that you never have to worry about a puppy not being adopted which means that thing was definitely not in the kennel for long and is probably in a better home than michael bennents right now...to me thats the important part...id have to look long and hard to find something that would bother me less than michael bennent not paying a kennel bill and i get mad at a lot of shtein

General_Failure

Can I not like him for diving at knees, though?

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

yeah that was bush league...shtein even his own coach called him out on it and pete carroll is as slimy as it gets

Tomahawk

not liking bennett because he left a dog at a shelter is 100% that person's way of trying to hide their racism.

Not so much racist, but completely oblivious to her own white priviledge....as are most white people.

It's racist because if a white dude did it, she would have said, "At least he left the dog at a kennel and didn't abandon it on the side of the road!"

ice grillin you

Quote from: Tomahawk on March 10, 2018, 01:51:53 PM

It's racist because if a white dude did it, she would have said, "At least he left the dog at a kennel and didn't abandon it on the side of the road!"

lol

pretty much

Sgt PSN

Perhaps. I'm not trying to climb that deep in her head. She's a crazy dog lover, specifically boxers so I'm inclined to think she'd hate on anyone who did that. 

Either way, she was way too upset over it.