your political leaning is...

Started by ice grillin you, January 05, 2007, 06:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shorebird

16. The news media is dominated by liberals. Were is the question that the media is dominated by conservative?

27, imagine that.

PoopyfaceMcGee

What's amazing to be is how many people on this board so far are in the single digits or damn close, but no one's broken 30 yet.

I think if you're under 10 or above 30, you probably believe in a lot of things that are smoke and mirrors.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I tried to take the whole exam in the mindset of an uber-Liberal and scored a 2.

I wonder where I screwed up.

EDIT:
Figured it out...

Term Limits v. Public Financing
&
Regulation of Talk Show Hosts

I was able to score a 0.  I can't believe the faith some of you in the single digits have in the government to solve our problems.  It's actually frightening.

shorebird

MadMarchHare

I have absolutely no faith in the government, run by either party.  That doesn't mean that government programs shouldn't exist to help the underprivileged.  That means we need to get rid of all the farging knuckleheads in our government.
Anyone but Reid.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

The BIGSTUD

I like the government stepping in with issues like smoking bans and stuff, but not for everything. There always has to be a balance, but for the most part the general public is stupid and I don't trust them making decisions either.

No one can be trusted in today's world.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Zanshin

Retarded quiz.  But I ended up with a 20.  Right in the middle, which doesn't really surprise me.

MadMarchHare

Bush agrees with you.  That's why he'll refuse to abdicate in '09 and declare himself emporer, so that only one idiot is in charge.
Anyone but Reid.

Eaglez

Geebus, how do you score single digits on that test?

The test isn't too much of an accurate reflection of political leanings, considering how nuanced some of the choices can be.

I scored a 35; and I attribute that score to just not wanting government in a lot of the follow-up questions they posited. I hope no one picked that they trust the IRS more so than the FBI. At least you can prosecute FBI agents that act outside of their scope (i.e. beat you down) -- the IRS is practically immune and unchecked from ruining the lives of people financially.

Although I think of myself more libertarian minded -- very little government involvement (especially Federal), not much regulation, and I'm not delusional enough to think that some of those groups 'threaten democracy' or are detrimental to the political process -- so I get as close to advocating absolute free speech as possible; and yes, that means letting the loonies talk (the religious right being a 'threat' to the political system) and not regulating talk radio (who the hell came up with that question anyways?) and permitting deceptive political ads to be run (If anyone actually makes their choices for their elected representatives wholly on TV or radio ads, then I think that reflects poorly on the citizenry more so than the officials or candidates that use them. Remember, they wouldn't use them unless they were HIGHLY effective).

Zanshin

I've found that a fairly good rule of thumb is to trust no one for anything.

Eaglez

Yeah, that's probably a very good rule of thumb. But that wasn't really a choice on that quiz.

When forced to choose on a strictly either/or scenario, I'm going to err on the side of less government intervention probably 9 times out of 10.

Zanshin

I've found it also to be a very good rule of thumb not to put much faith in retarded Internet quizzes.

PhillyPhreak54

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Eaglez on January 05, 2007, 09:09:25 PM
Geebus, how do you score single digits on that test?

The test isn't too much of an accurate reflection of political leanings, considering how nuanced some of the choices can be.

I scored a 35; and I attribute that score to just not wanting government in a lot of the follow-up questions they posited. I hope no one picked that they trust the IRS more so than the FBI. At least you can prosecute FBI agents that act outside of their scope (i.e. beat you down) -- the IRS is practically immune and unchecked from ruining the lives of people financially.

Although I think of myself more libertarian minded -- very little government involvement (especially Federal), not much regulation, and I'm not delusional enough to think that some of those groups 'threaten democracy' or are detrimental to the political process -- so I get as close to advocating absolute free speech as possible; and yes, that means letting the loonies talk (the religious right being a 'threat' to the political system) and not regulating talk radio (who the hell came up with that question anyways?) and permitting deceptive political ads to be run (If anyone actually makes their choices for their elected representatives wholly on TV or radio ads, then I think that reflects poorly on the citizenry more so than the officials or candidates that use them. Remember, they wouldn't use them unless they were HIGHLY effective).

For the most part, I have to say... AMEN.