Youth Football Coach Hits Player

Started by PhillyPhreak54, September 05, 2006, 06:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

CNN.com

I saw this on Comcast tonight. This is crazy. These parents nowadays are nuts. I coached baseball in Texas for a summer league and had the 15-16 year olds. I'll never coach again. The parents are terrible! I had to answer more questions each practice about why little Billy wasn't playing. And how "my son is better than that kid you're starting" when in fact he was not.

Listen, I know people are going to stick up for their kids. But let the coaches coach. And if the kid is not good, and you should see that, don't start in on the coach.

This situation is a little different...

A player here puts a late hit on another player. He's getting flagged for a late hit. But after the kid lays out the other kid here comes Super Dad/Coach to then put a hit on the kid who did the late hit.

CSN said the coach is the father of the kid who got hit late. He is charged with felony child abuse.

There's a link there with the video. The guy tackles like Mark Simoneau, by the way. Crazy farger.

rjs246

So the dude ran out on the field and hit a 13-year old FROM BEHIND?! That's hilarious.

I coached HS lacrosse for years and my 'colorful' sideline language got me chided and penalized frequently by referees. But it also endeared me to the parents so I never had to deal with any parental bullshtein.

I'm very likeable.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD_Eagle5

I coached Little Guys football for 3 years, parents are farging insane. During one of the 75 lbs. games the parents from both sidelines ran onto the field and a riot ensued (no joke)

PhillyPhreak54

I used to argue with the idiot umpires all the time, dip Copenhagen in the dugout and curse like a sailor. I was told that some parents thought I was a bad influence. I liked to think I was a modern day (and younger) Morris Buttermaker. I can curse like no other - but some of the words these kids said even made me look soft. So yeah, I was a bad influence. We played like the Bad News Bears too. And I had 'em give us the Phillies uniforms when our original team assignment didn't pan out (supposed to be the Tigers).

One guy calls me over during a game and asked why I pinch hit for his kid. Hey guy, go have a seat and eat a sno-cone or something.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 05, 2006, 06:53:59 PM
One guy calls me over during a game and asked why I pinch hit for his kid. Hey guy, go have a seat and eat a sno-cone or something.

I solved the parents who cry to much problem by telling them to join my coaching staff, that way they're not so focused on their own child and after a while they figure out they have no clue what they're doing... for the most part I never have to hear another peep from them.

PhillyPhreak54

I just answer him by saying "Because"

He's like - "Nice response. That's real nice"

And stomped back to his seat and cried to his wife

Sgt PSN

I coached youth volleyball (8-10 yr old) for a couple years.  I only had one run in with a parent.  Apparently this guy was some sort of JUCO v-ball player back in the day and he taught his kid how to jump serve.  The kid did it in practice one day and I told him not to do it anymore.  I didn't want all the other kids to start trying it.  Anywho, during a game the kid is getting ready to serve and I hear his dad yell "let me see that jump serve" and the kid did.  I told the dad that I didn't want him jump serving the ball and then I told the kid not to do it again.  The next time he served he did a jump serve and I pulled him out of the game. 

His dad got all pissy about it after the game. 

I quit at the end of the season.  Not because of the dad but because those kids really sucked at volleyball.  I swear I got stuck with the most uncoordinated kids in the entire league. 

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: rjs246 on September 05, 2006, 06:22:23 PM
So the dude ran out on the field and hit a 13-year old FROM BEHIND?! That's hilarious.

I coached HS lacrosse for years and my 'colorful' sideline language got me chided and penalized frequently by referees. But it also endeared me to the parents so I never had to deal with any parental bullshtein.

I'm very likeable.

It was not just hilarious, it was one of the funniest things that I ever saw.  I watched it this morning on CNN while I was at an eye appointment, every man that was in there started dying.  The women of course did not find it nearly as funny, I saw a bunch of wives bitch at there husbands for laughing.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

mussa

When I played baseball back in the day maybe 4-5th grade I was pitching and i hit this kid in the back. he didn't even attempt to move he just frooze and i nailed him. he went down in tears. next time up to bat this kids dad yells out if you hit my kid again im going to kick your ass. so that stopped the game for a few minutes while the coaches, umpire and parents settle things. so what do i do first pitch, i nail the little farger. totally unintentional, something guided that ball to hit the kid again. so this guy comes running out after me and me and the team take off running while our coachs grab the guy etc...my coach was like your crazy and im glad you did that. HAHA
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

phillymic2000

I ref for the youth football league in the area, kids are from 70lbs all the way to heavyweights 8th grade. And I am not surprised at all at this numb nut parent, we average about 5 coaches and about 12 parents every season that get chirpy enough to be thrown out. I've been surrounded by about 6 parents after a game cause I threw one of their angels out, I've been threatened by two steroid brothers cause I told them to get behind the rope (they were freakin insane) We had a parent give us the double finger after we kicked him off the field for not giving the team a first down in a playoff game, thats right this a-hole came out on the field in the 2nd qtr. to give us the double barrel. We have already kicked out 1 coach and a parent and it's only the second week of the season. It gets worse every year, the parents are worse then the coaches, I've been doing this for 5 years and you start to get to know the coaches, but they still amaze me sometimes. I find it funny that these parents actually think I care which team wins at 80lbs. complete idiots.

Sgt PSN

I remember how you acted at the Rams game so you probably deserved it.  :P

Father Demon

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 05, 2006, 07:09:09 PM
I coached youth volleyball (8-10 yr old) for a couple years.   

Great idea on getting some dates for your new 'Stang!
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Diomedes

The last place in the world you'd find me would be watching a bunch of goddamned children playing a game while their shteinbag parents freak out in the stands.  Jesus farg!
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Geowhizzer

My kid starts T-Ball next year.

Refs beware.  >:D

MDS

I recall very little parent problems when playing in my Jew Basketball League. It must be you crazy gentiles.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.