You look like a tool in that jersey

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, December 06, 2005, 02:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quality article

QuoteJerseys To Avoid Wearing At All Times
• Ryan Leaf's San Diego Chargers jersey.

• Brian Bosworth's Seattle Seahawks jersey.

• Patrick Ewing's Orlando Magic jersey.

• Michael Jordan's throwback Washington Bullets jersey.

• Michael Jordan's Birmingham Barons baseball jersey.

• Dwyane Wade's Marquette jersey. As if you wouldn't mix up Milwaukee and Mexico on a map of North America.

• Washington taterskins basketball jerseys; Dallas Mavericks football jerseys.

• The WLAF's Orlando Thunder lime-green jerseys, which should have come with a complementary fork and/or can of whipped cream.

• Anybody's high school jersey.

• Anything with a single, colored sleeve.

• Anything Tampa Bay Bucs, pre-1997.
• Anything with a mascot illustration that resembles the Gordon's Fisherman.

• Anything XFL.

• Anything O.J. Simpson -- unless it's been autographed at a horror convention, in which case it might be worth something on eBay.
--Patrick Hruby

PhillyGirl

I think Tampa fans in pre-1997 jerseys are fine. They are actual fans (as long as they bought it back then)...not the Niners/Cowboys/Broncos/Rams fans that became Tampa fans.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

The article just kind of hit home for me.  I've never owned any Phillies or Sixers jerseys, but I've had bad luck with the jerseys I do own:

Flyers (authentic):
Boucher 33

Eagles (all replicas):
Staley 22 green
F. Mitchell 84 green
Owens 81 white
Simon 90 silver alternate
Kearse 93 black
Dawkins 20 green
McNabb 5 white

Kearse has been a disappointment, so I really only have two jerseys at home that are worth wearing.
I think I'm just going to have to start buying more polo shirts and such.

Oh, and the wife only has two jerseys, one of which is a T.O. white.  ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHH.

Mad-Lad

BigEd76

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: FFatPatt on December 06, 2005, 02:51:42 PM
• Anything XFL.

I always wanted a 'He Hate Me' jersey.

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PhillyGirl

I have a Bobby Hoying jersey.

Hear me out for my reasoning behind it though...lol. I was at the 1998 Hall Of Fame game between the Steelers and Bucs and didn't have a jersey with me. I wanted to show off my Eagle fandom and went to the shop at the HoF. The ONLY Eagles jersey they had was Hoying so I got it. LOL.

I think that was the one and only time I ever wore it.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

rjs246

Quote from: PhillyGirl on December 06, 2005, 02:53:27 PM
I think Tampa fans in pre-1997 jerseys are fine. They are actual fans (as long as they bought it back then)...not the Niners/Cowboys/Broncos/Rams fans that became Tampa fans.

I was going to say this exact same thing. Too bad we all know that none of those kinds of Bucs fans actually exist.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

General_Failure

I went to school with a kid that had an Eric Rhett jersey. I don't know if he was a Bucs fan or gay though.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyGirl on December 06, 2005, 04:46:25 PM

Hear me out for my reasoning behind it though...lol.  I thought he was going to lead the Eagles to the Super Bowl. 

I still wear it every Sunday. 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: General_Failure on December 06, 2005, 06:27:37 PM
I don't know if he was a Bucs fan or gay though.

I thought they were synonymous with each other.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Sgt PSN on December 06, 2005, 06:29:28 PM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on December 06, 2005, 04:46:25 PM

Hear me out for my reasoning behind it though...lol. I thought he was going to lead the Eagles to the Super Bowl.

I still wear it every Sunday.

No wonder she hates Penn State

QB Eagles

Bah. Some of those jerseys are so bad they're cool again. Just don't be caught wearing them non-sarcastically.