2008 Phillies Spring Training Thread

Started by Wingspan, February 14, 2008, 12:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBIggle

eaton 3 IP  5 hits  2 k's...  howard smashed one. 

didn't that coming...  ::)  he'll be great for the rest of spring training,  and win the 5th spot.

then he'll blow until the all-star break then get shut down because his vadge exploded.

Rome

QuoteThe Phils had 10,178 fans at Bright House Field yesterday, a record attendance for a Phillies spring-training game.

I don't know if anyone else has been at that place but that's a ridiculous number of people to cram into the stadium.

Geowhizzer

They must have had a load of people on the center field berm.

According to Wikipedia, it only hold 8,500 - but that probably doesn't include the berm.  I wouldn't want to sit there with 1,600 other people, though.

PoopyfaceMcGee

They probably don't want to sit with you, either.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: FastFreddie on March 16, 2008, 07:54:32 AM
They probably don't want to sit with you, either.

Words hurt you know...  :'(

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SunMo

just say the Lenny segment on Real Sports, so awesome.

PhillyPhreak54

Know what else would be awesome? If  this team sort of pretended like they wanted to win some games, exhibition or not.

Rome

SD_Eagle5

When Uncle Cholly starts chiming in on the team being too lackadaisacal you better damn well believe they need to tighten up

Rome

Nonsense.

They haven't even played an entire game together as a squad yet.  Results don't mean shtein in these games.

SunMo

results don't mean shtein...but Charlie has been making comments about the team being too loose and not taking things seriously, in fact Shane Victorino got pulled into his office the other day

Rome

Everyone complained that they were too tight as a group, that they held on too tight, etc.  Now they're playing it fast and loose, IN THE PRESEASON, and they're catching hell over it?  From a bumpkin like Uncle Douchey of all people?

Please.

Also - so he pulled Victorino in.  Big deal.  He's about seventh in terms of importance in the lineup and he's known as a clown.  What, now he's supposed to change his personality and become Mr. Serious all of a sudden?

People are reading way too much into this.  It's spring training and most of these guys have been cooped up in Clearwater for a month now.  They're itching to get at it in games that count.  It's basically the same team that won last year.  Does anyone really believe they're going to play as poorly as their spring training record would seem to indicate?

SunMo

ha, Victorino is seventh in terms as importance in the lineup

that's why he's going to bat 2nd, that super logic

Rome

Rollins, Utley, Howard, Burrell, Feliz & the platoon twins are more important in terms of run production.

The reason he bats second in the lineup is because of his speed.  If Rollins doesn't get on base, then he might, but let's not anoint him as a legitimate #2 hitter, because he isn't.  He's a .275 singles hitter who doesn't walk nearly enough with no power to speak of.