Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Liverpool, oh my.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

They are simply unbelievable. 

Don Ho

This Liverpool Barcelona game is simply amazing.  Liverpool was down three goals via aggregate and are up 4-0 with one minutes+'extra time.  In Liverpool did all this without their best player as Musollah is out
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Philly beat Toronto in frankly the only game this weekend between the two cities that matters.

#DOOP

Geowhizzer

Rome

So the USWNT obliterated Thailand at the WWC yesterday and the internets are ablaze with Neanderthals trying to mansplain the reasons why that's bad(!).

Funny how many of them decrying the lack of class shown are virulent Trumpers. 

My favorite are the "BUT THEY DON'T STAND" morons.  When informed that they all stand and have for quite a while, it's astounding to them because Fox News. 

Diomedes

Nice atmosphere at my pub this afternoon for the US Women's Quarterfinal against France. 

Nice result too. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

I was in Orlando for the game yesterday.   It's a den of pinko liberal Irish-whiskey-loving subversives that I've called home for soccer matches for a long time.  I've seen men's World Cup matches there that failed to rival the intensity of passion that I experienced yesterday.   

This group of staggeringly talented women (who ran out of fargs to give a long time ago) are just what we need right now.

Win or lose I'm proud to say I'm a fan of them, especially Megan Rapinoe.

Rome

Rome

File under:

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!?

SD

Butthurt Trumpers aren't amused

Diomedes

USA wins, Deplorables pout and gripe.

Julie Ertz played well.

Geowhizzer

My son and I watched the game yesterday.  Got into it more than any non-Eagles game in a long time.

Laughed at the play where Ertz caught the opponents wrist between her elbow and body and took her down with her.  Those ladies would easily kick my ass every day of the week.

Diomedes

Rose Lavelle is one of my favorite soccer pkayers. 

MDS

these women are class A hungry hungry hippos and i love it

winning another world cup is great but telling everyone up to and including the fake president to farg off is better
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.