Vinny Curry, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, April 27, 2012, 08:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Remember all the "In Chip We Trust" idiots?

Now it's "In Howie We Trust"

Sgt PSN

I don't really trust Howie, but I def trust him more than I did Chip.

ice grillin you

howie has not done much with these deals that would cause you to trust him or not trust him...they are pretty standard stuff...yeah you can nitpick the celek or vinny deals but barring some unforeseen things happening in FA cause I suspect they are going to be really quiet the draft is going to be a HUGE opinion maker
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

also should be noted that jimmy schwag probably had as much to do with locking up vinny as howie did

QB Eagles

Sounded to me like the Curry deal was sealed the second the Eagles switched to a 4-3. During his PC he said he didn't think it would have happened if they were still in the old scheme. He's a lifelong Eagle fan and quite frankly he doesn't seem too bright, so it wouldn't surprise me if what looks like a fairly big deal is actually a bit of a hometown discount under the new cap.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 03, 2016, 08:44:39 AM
also should be noted that jimmy schwag probably had as much to do with locking up vinny as howie did

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Cap hits: $3M/$9M/$11M/$11.25M/$12M

So basically a 3 year deal unless he can prove he can flourish in the 4-3. Left plenty of space in the '16 cap.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 02, 2016, 06:54:18 PM
5yrs $47m $23.5m gtd

Big deal but a necessary player to have in the 4-3

Americas Professional Sports Fan says that this is hailing a signing.

And by all means who wouldn't like the signing since he showed potential?

I guess GM APSF would've let him walk because his super sports levelheaded approach would've told him Vinny would suck after signing.

SD

Quote from: SD on February 02, 2016, 07:42:10 PM
He might do better in a 4-3 but he's a rotational player. I thought they'd let him walk to tell you the truth. Way too much money for a flash here and there type player.

This guy^^^^ farging nailed it

ice grillin you

he also might not do better in a 4-3

SD

SD

Looks like he's coming back

Great move, he can also move inside

SD

Supposedly the Giants offered him more money but he wanted to come back to the Eagles

QuoteGeoff Mosher
@GeoffMosherNFL
Vinny Curry's 1 year deal is worth 2.25M with the potential to make 1.25M more, per source.]

For a Veteran player of Curry's caliber that's a steal.

ice grillin you

bigger steal is you being his hype man for free

MDS

can someone tell me that last play vinny curry made

for a depth de this is whatever

other than being a decently well liked eagle what exactly is there to love here
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.