Lesser of the evils

Started by Cerevant, February 15, 2008, 03:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Of the remaining candidates, who would you vote for in November?

Hillary
0 (0%)
Obama
13 (68.4%)
McCain, if against Hillary
2 (10.5%)
McCain, if against Obama
1 (5.3%)
McCain, regardless
3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Cerevant

Now that the field has been narrowed a bit, who would you vote for in the general election?
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

Seabiscuit36

Obama if he's the Democrat choice, Mccain over Hillary
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Cerevant

Good point, I didn't quite cover all the options.  Pick "McCain if" if you think your preferred choice will not get the nomination.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

Sgt PSN

Barry
Hillary
McCain

In that order. 

I like a lot of what McCain is all about but the fact that he wants to keep the war going is a major, major turn off. 

methdeez

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 15, 2008, 04:33:23 PM
Barry

Took me a minute...
Marion Barry?
Barry Manilow?

Osama Hussein Obama?
Check.

Diomedes

Barry is what the pretentious hipsters call him.

To the rest of us, he's just 'that stillupfront.'
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

Geowhizzer

Right now:

1.  Obama
Toss-up:  McCain / Clinton