CF Financial

Started by hbionic, February 12, 2010, 12:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

25 years I've had this one credit card.  Sears, the f'n crooks.  They gave me credit when I was basically a child, in College.  I used that thing a lot before I learned better, and it's been more than a decade since I used it much if at all.  Got a letter from them saying that I hadn't used the card recently enough to avoid having my credit limit reduced.  I keep the card for emergencies and the last thing I need in my life is one more payment to track (or fail to track, and be late on, which is I think what they are angling for), just for the benefit of keeping my "unused" available credit elevated. 

So I cancelled the card.  It drops the "unused available credit" associated with my credit history by more than it would have dropped if I just ignored the letter, but now at least I don't have to get or read these letters.  My credit rating is good enough that I don't really care about the ding I'll take.

Had Sears left well enough alone, they wouldn't have lost a longtime customer, but I don't think they care.  And I know you don't care, but when has that stopped anyone from doing anything?

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger