the random musings not worthy of new thread thread

Started by ice grillin you, March 28, 2006, 02:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomahawk

It's bullshtein that you can't be older than 39 to join the Air Force Reserve. I need AF on my license plates so badly that I'd buy somebody's DD214

QuoteTo Apply
A photocopy of DD214 (discharge from military service) indicating receipt of the Service Cross or a letter from the Department of Veterans' Affairs or the federal government verifying service is required.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Zanshin

It hasn't been officially announced yet, so I can't talk about this in the real world-- but here's some crazy shtein. I know some of you on Facebook, so a lot of you know part of this...but my kid (whom CF helped name, somehow, you old bastiches) plays music. He picked up the guitar about 4-5 years ago and gigs regularly. His love of music started when Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers played the super bowl. I let him stay up thinking he'd get into football, but it was the music that got him. Anyway, a few years after that Tom saw some of his stuff and sent him tickets to a show in his family seats, which was amazing. Last year, Tom's friends and family hired the kid to play a big birthday show in Tom's hometown of Gainesville. This year, the Heartbreakers hired him to come play with them in LA, as part of a bill with Stephen Stills, Graham Nash, Roger McGuinn, Jackson Brown, Eddie Vedder. They're still confirming the names, which is why it hasn't been announced yet. But that's just crazy to me...to go from idolizing a band, to them knowing you even exist, to getting them to hire you to play with them on an all-star bill when you're some 15 year old from NJ? If you wrote that, it would be over the top nonsense. Crazy stuff.

General_Failure

SD

That's really cool. You should be damn proud. There's a million musicians who would kill for an opportunity like that one

Zanshin

Appreciate it; but more than anything, it's just so weird to think about. But it has let us do some cool shtein that we wouldn't have otherwise done.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Zanshin on June 05, 2019, 09:00:00 AM
It hasn't been officially announced yet, so I can't talk about this in the real world-- but here's some crazy shtein. I know some of you on Facebook, so a lot of you know part of this...but my kid (whom CF helped name, somehow, you old bastiches) plays music. He picked up the guitar about 4-5 years ago and gigs regularly. His love of music started when Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers played the super bowl. I let him stay up thinking he'd get into football, but it was the music that got him. Anyway, a few years after that Tom saw some of his stuff and sent him tickets to a show in his family seats, which was amazing. Last year, Tom's friends and family hired the kid to play a big birthday show in Tom's hometown of Gainesville. This year, the Heartbreakers hired him to come play with them in LA, as part of a bill with Stephen Stills, Graham Nash, Roger McGuinn, Jackson Brown, Eddie Vedder. They're still confirming the names, which is why it hasn't been announced yet. But that's just crazy to me...to go from idolizing a band, to them knowing you even exist, to getting them to hire you to play with them on an all-star bill when you're some 15 year old from NJ? If you wrote that, it would be over the top nonsense. Crazy stuff.

That is pretty damn awesome. Congrats to him! He's gonna make you rich lol

This past weekend I was at my girlfriends place in the pool and her best friend loves Petty. So I showed her a bunch of his videos and she couldn't believe how good he is.

Zanshin

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 05, 2019, 11:13:52 AM

That is pretty damn awesome. Congrats to him! He's gonna make you rich lol

This past weekend I was at my girlfriends place in the pool and her best friend loves Petty. So I showed her a bunch of his videos and she couldn't believe how good he is.

Ha...I'll let him know, thanks.

Munson

The correct response is is her best friend hot and no older than 19
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

General_Failure

I saw a vape commercial on the teevee today. We truly live in a hellworld.

Tomahawk

I just bought a disposable vape pen because I was so close to relapsing and buying a pack of cigarettes. I probably could have just bought a cartridge but I don't want that filthy nicotine tainting my weed battery

ice grillin you

I don't understand a single word of that entire post
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure