Nick Foles, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 27, 2012, 10:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles_Legendz

If the Eagles have played well enough to have HFA "locked up" I don't see how Foles sees the field again. 

Eagaholic

Agree, was just joking. Despite the crappy conference I see no chance they have home field advantage throughout.

Tomahawk

Foles is done as an Eagle. Book it, Dan-o

phattymatty

considering not a single person here gives a shtein about our starting QB being out, even though there are only like 7 people who post here I think that's a pretty good indicator of the fan base in general.

bye nick.

QB Eagles

Backup QB is the most popular guy on the Eagles like 90% of the time. Things will change after a few quarters or a few games, when everyone remembers that Sanchez is a horrible 55% completion rate QB who is usually even worse than Foles has been this year. That said, he's close enough to Foles to make Ryans the far bigger Week 9 loss.

General_Failure

Matt Barkley will never be popular.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on November 04, 2014, 09:23:40 AM
Backup QB is the most popular guy on the Eagles like 90% of the time. Things will change after a few quarters or a few games, when everyone remembers that Sanchez is a horrible 55% completion rate QB who is usually even worse than Foles has been this year.

im not saying he will definitely be better than foles (altho it would be hard not to be) but his jet numbers are completely irrelevant right now

Quote from: Tomahawk on November 04, 2014, 08:52:41 AM
Foles is done as an Eagle. Book it, Dan-o

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2014/11/eagles_started_to_sour_on_nick_foles_before_his_injury.html
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Thankfully they didn't draft Cousins instead.

He's worse than Foles

Interesting article tho

ice grillin you

ive said it since day one chip kelly wants a quarterback that can move....if he fell into a brady he obviously would change the offense and go with it...but someone like foles whose other skills dont outweight the fact hes a statue is not going to cut it in his offense....thats why i think they knew foles was not the guy even last year

hbionic

Running ability is overrated. Quick, correct decisions from a statue trump speed. Unfortunately, instead of improving on what Foles did last season, he literally backtracked. Speed is the answer, but not necessarily in foot speed.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

running ability is certainly not overrated in a read option offense

MDS

its just not running ability

foles couldnt be rolled out...he couldnt move in the pocket...hes a literal, figurative statue
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i agree with all that but specifically to the read option you need to be a legit running threat for it to work to its full capability

and thats not to diminish the abilty to throw the ball thats still most important obviously...but this isnt the 80's where defenders could literally maul wr's and get away with it...thus making pinpoint accuracy...size of the qb....pocket presence much more important....the league favors offense now so much that you dont need to be that classic stand tall in the pocket and sling the ball into tight spots to win

smeags

foles was never chip's guy. not sure anyone can dispute really.

i still say this year was all about trying to win while showcasing foles for a trade during next year's draft. for what i dont know because his value was unknown.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

Quote from: smeags on November 04, 2014, 03:28:08 PM
foles was never chip's guy. not sure anyone can dispute really.

rome threw a temper tantrum a week ago on this very subject
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.