Nick Foles, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 27, 2012, 10:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 03, 2014, 12:03:35 AM
Quote from: SD on November 02, 2014, 09:18:48 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 02, 2014, 09:11:49 PM
lol @ commitment to a program.....that's awesome

6-2 and they ain't the most talented bunch. You said so yourself (and I disagreed) wash has more talent...so what is it then chips play calling? Gotta be something more to it than that

chip is 9 million times the coach gruden is...gruden is a joke of a clown...I agree culture matters but wash culture is way worse than the eagles culture of white doods from the west coast is good

Throw the word culture out, because every team has their own unique version. Chip has a 'program' in place he expects his players to abide by. They all bought in, you can't have your best offensive player and Veteran not buy into it and expect the rest of the team to play along. It kills me to think about this offense with Mac/Desean but you can't argue with the results. Chip with Mac is 6-2, Gruden with Jackson is 3-6. Both coaches took over losing programs.

Rome

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on November 03, 2014, 07:46:41 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 03, 2014, 12:03:35 AM
Quote from: SD on November 02, 2014, 09:18:48 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 02, 2014, 09:11:49 PM
lol @ commitment to a program.....that's awesome

6-2 and they ain't the most talented bunch. You said so yourself (and I disagreed) wash has more talent...so what is it then chips play calling? Gotta be something more to it than that

chip is 9 million times the coach gruden is...gruden is a joke of a clown...I agree culture matters but wash culture is way worse than the eagles culture of white doods from the west coast is good

Throw the word culture out, because every team has their own unique version. Chip has a 'program' in place he expects his players to abide by. They all bought in, you can't have your best offensive player and Veteran not buy into it and expect the rest of the team to play along. It kills me to think about this offense with Mac/Desean but you can't argue with the results. Chip with Mac is 6-2, Gruden with Jackson is 3-6. Both coaches took over losing programs.

one organization has dan snyder as owner and a racist name the other doesnt....wash could have hired chip as their HC and bruce arians as their OC and theyd still suck....and if chip thinks a program is more important than players in the nfl hes in for a rude awakening
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

He took a 4-12 team and turned them into a playoff team...he's 15-8 overall. He ousted his best receiver and is still 6-2. Doesn't look like that "Rude awakening" is happening any time soon. The players bought into his system...Desean didn't, went to the highest bidder, and his team blows. Ownership is part of the program, there's a reason Chip went to the Eagles and not a team like the Skins.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on November 03, 2014, 09:57:46 AM
He took a 4-12 team and turned them into a playoff team...he's 15-8 overall. He ousted his best receiver and is still 6-2. Doesn't look like that "Rude awakening" is happening any time soon. The players bought into his system...Desean didn't, went to the highest bidder, and his team blows. Ownership is part of the program, there's a reason Chip went to the Eagles and not a team like the Skins.

bruce arians took a 5-11 team in the nfc west and has gone 17-7....chip isn't even the best second year coach in his own conference...nfc east is a joke.....maybe im a curmudgeon but id like one playoff win before I start anointing a "program" or "culture" as the next greatest thing weve ever seen
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagles_Legendz

You are being a tad curmudgeony, yes.

I think the problem is you don't really want to assign the credit for the team being 6-2 really to anyone.  Maclin isn't as good as desean, the team isn't that talented, Chip isn't doing that great of a job etc.  The team is obviously doing something right.  If people just read what you posted they would think the team was 2-6 right now.  Maybe the average WIP caller is saying this team is going to win the SB and finish 13-3 but I don't see any of that here & it seems like you're arguing against things people on this site aren't saying. 

This is a flawed football team but one that is also pretty good.  We'll see if they can be anything more than that or whether they're going to finish 10-6 and lose in the first round again.

MDS

bruce arians doesnt have a playoff win, much less a playoff game
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

From the Chip Kelly thread:

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 17, 2013, 08:41:17 AM
it also scares me that this team isnt exactly chock full of great leaders and men....they didnt respect andy who they supposedly loved and who had coached in the league for 14 years...chip kelly is going to be like the substitute teacher who turns to write on the chalkboard and the kids make fake fart noises

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyPhreak54

I think the average WIP called is on the "we don't feel like this team is 6-2" train

Rome

The average WIP caller is a freaking moron.  The average listener only aspires to that level of stupidity.

General_Failure

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 03, 2014, 10:39:28 AM
maybe im a curmudgeon but id like one playoff win before I start anointing a "program" or "culture" as the next greatest thing weve ever seen

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.