Nick Foles, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 27, 2012, 10:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: Rome on October 14, 2014, 03:35:58 PM
Imagine how much better they could be than 5-1.

Exactly...if Foles were more mobile he could have run it in from the 3 vs. the Niners instead of airing one over the endzone.

6-0

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on October 14, 2014, 03:37:03 PM
Quote from: Rome on October 14, 2014, 03:35:58 PM
Imagine how much better they could be than 5-1.

Exactly...if Foles were more mobile he could have run it in from the 3 vs. the Niners instead of airing one over the endzone.

6-0

ha
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

im continually amazed at fans of a team who hasnt won in over half a century being so easily satisfied

smeags

true, this fanbase needs more fans to piss and moan about wanting a change at qb after 6 games and a 5-1 record.

cause that keepin it real yo.

SD

Quote from: smeags on October 14, 2014, 03:48:31 PM
true, this fanbase needs more fans to piss and moan about wanting a change at qb after 6 games and a 5-1 record.

cause that keepin it real yo.

Nobody is talking about changing the QB to Sanchez this season...maybe a select few idiots. But moving forward it's becoming obvious Foles isn't the guy. FYI- He leads the league in turnovers.

Rome

They're not going to get anyone else to run the offense until next year at the earliest, so continually pining about whoever that might be now is insufferably stupid and pointless.

They're 5-1 with a zesty defense, unearthly special teams and an offense that's up and down because of injuries.

But they're still 5-1.  Yeah, I'm happy about that and for the moment I don't care if Marcus Mariotta is running the offense in 2016.

smeags

no no no, lets sit and discuss the next draft class of qb's now. it's the bye week afterall and the team is already out of the playoff picture.

Eagles_Legendz

It's a weird balance.  I think they're winning in spite of him instead of because of him but it's also obvious you can win with him.  The question is can you go deep in the playoffs with Foles at QB?

They're in a weird spot because I haven't seen anything to merit giving him big $, but they also aren't going to be drafting high enough to pick an elite qb and any rookie QB you start will probably be worse than what you're getting now from Foles. 

Say the team goes 12-4 and loses in the NFC champ game.  You can't sell a rookie QB that may take the team backwards next year & swapping him out for another veteran usually doesn't work.  So I don't know what the solution is.

Obviously Foles may be great the rest of the year and this is all irrelevant but if the pass rush stays legit and can mask some of the problems at CB, this team has the potential to make a serious run if they get solid QB play and it's worrisome that Foles may be a block to them doing real damage this year.

I think there's something to be said for enjoying where the team is at and the success it's had while still being able to acknowledge that the most important part of the team (other than Kelly I think) has been a weak point.

Rome

At this point I hope Foles is the quarterback of the team for the next 10 years just to spite these jackasses.

He'll win (4) Super Bowls but I'm sure someone will bitch that he won them against inferior competition or could have won (5).  That's how we roll here.

smeags

i'll wait to judge him. he certainly isnt having a great year so far but he's in his 2nd year, 1st as the named starter. lets see if he can work through this.

personally, i think he is being traded unless they win the super bowl this year.

Eagles_Legendz

I actually think the defense has been pretty good for long stretches this year when you look at things like points per possession and the position the offense has put them in.

They were zesty for a half against Jacksonville and then played well.
They played pretty well against a good Indy offense.  They had a very good game against Luck who is ripping everyone else up.
They played pretty well against SF for most of the game.  They were on the field for 3 extra possessions due to return TDs, had short fields due to offense never crossing midfield but played well other than one breakdown on the freak Gore TD catch.
Played well against the Rams until they went into soft prevent.
Played great last week.

They were awful against the taterskins.  They have problems in spots but the D has actually been solid I think.  D & ST have been more consistent than the O.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on October 14, 2014, 02:02:32 PM
I think the Jaguars game and the flack Foles deservedly got from holding the ball forever has gotten in his head a bit.  He can make good throws when in rhythm but I feel like he's so fixated on not being sacked that he often makes terrible decisions now when the pocket collapses around him and doesn't have the physical tools (mobility or arm) to compensate for those decisions.

I think there is some truth to this...the pick he threw to Rolle Chip said he was trying to throw it out of bounds....so he panicked and made an awful throw.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: Rome on October 14, 2014, 04:03:41 PM
At this point I hope Foles is the quarterback of the team for the next 10 years just to spite these jackasses.

He'll win (4) Super Bowls but I'm sure someone will bitch that he won them against inferior competition or could have won (5).  That's how we roll here.

I think Foles is a competent QB.  I like him, he's tough, his teammates seem to like him.  I'd love for him to be the best QB in the league the next ten years.  But it's not just being a contrarian to express concern on an off week when you look ahead to the rest of the year.  Thrilled with where the team is.  Not as thrilled with Foles' play but there is time for it to improve.

ice grillin you