Nick Foles, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 27, 2012, 10:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

yeah the defense isn't any good but the offense is much more of a concern right now

and I don't wanna see foles get better if it means the organization thinks hes the future....if he gets better it will because parts of the offense has gotten better (running game) or healthy (oline) or both...i think we know what foles is...

the one big thing that he isn't is a read option threat....which is a huge part of chips offense that is dormant as long as hes the qb
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

What kind of sense does "I don't wanna see Foles get better if it means the organization thinks hes the future" make?!?!

What if he DOES develop into that future guy?

SunMo

how many qbs "develop" like that?  they can either play or they can't.  i mean, the guys who are good start off at a certain level and get better to the point of being really good, but you can see from the start that they have the tools to get to that level.  i don't see that with foles. his arm is average, his mobility is below average and his pocket presence has taken a huge step back this year.  he doesn't have any truly elite skills that you can build on to "develop" him
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

I mean lets be real here...he doesn't suck. He's serviceable and he can win you enough games if he tightens up on his mechanics amongst other things...like having protection and a running game.

I don't think he's the long term answer UNLESS he fixes those things. If he does then he can be that guy to hold the spot for 5+ years.

Its not like he's a bum like some of the other QBs who deserve to be benched or released...

So in your "he can play or he can't" declaration...Foles can play. I believe he can be coached up and assisted from scheme/supporting cast/play calling enough to be a legit starting QB. But again...the caveat is that he has to show improvement on those blemishes

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 06, 2014, 01:34:53 PM
What kind of sense does "I don't wanna see Foles get better if it means the organization thinks hes the future" make?!?!

What if he DOES develop into that future guy?

because i dont want fools gold like last year that tricks the team into thinking hes the answer and gives him a long term franchise qb type deal

im not to worried about it because imo chip has known from day one that foles is not his man....he just hasn't found that person yet

SD

He doesn't have the athleticism or arm to be a good QB. He needs to play smart football, manage games, and hit the open receivers. His accuracy is way off."Serviceable" is fine when the running game is going off.

SunMo

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 06, 2014, 02:12:31 PM
I mean lets be real here...he doesn't suck. He's serviceable and he can win you enough games if he tightens up on his mechanics amongst other things...like having protection and a running game.

I don't think he's the long term answer UNLESS he fixes those things. If he does then he can be that guy to hold the spot for 5+ years.

Its not like he's a bum like some of the other QBs who deserve to be benched or released...

So in your "he can play or he can't" declaration...Foles can play. I believe he can be coached up and assisted from scheme/supporting cast/play calling enough to be a legit starting QB. But again...the caveat is that he has to show improvement on those blemishes

i agree he doesn't suck..he's average.  can you win a super bowl with average?  once in a great while yes, with a lights out defense and/or incredible skill position players. 

this offense needs someone who can deliver the ball on-time and accurately, and he's not that right now.  how many farging passes yesterday were just thrown in the middle of the field because he was gonna get sacked?  he could have easily have 4 picks yesterday. 

i don't hate the guy but this year it has become evident that he's not a franchise NFL starter.

ice grillin you

yeah who the hell wants a serviceable or average qb as your starter

i still hark back to the read option stuff too....it takes away so much of chips playbook...it also reduces the rb's effectiveness in the offense...what the farg is the point of the read option offense when the option for the qb to run is not there...you also may be able to get away with subpar wr's if that option stuff is available on the field

but an average pocket qb with weak wr's?....that aint gonna work

PhillyPhreak54

Agreed on his accuracy...he's been off. His deep balls are way off

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteZach Berman ‏@ZBerm 2m2 minutes ago

Chip Kelly said Foles is throwing off his back foot too much because of the pressure. Said it's "fixable." Product of more pass rush this yr

SunMo

there are some time there is legitimate pressure but other times its all in his head

Eagles_Legendz

Foles, talent wise, probably is someone who is good enough to not farg up a good thing, but isn't going to carry a good squad or make a bad team good.  I know it's not a fair comparison but Andrew Luck on this Eagles team is probably 13-3 and Foles on that Colts team is probably 7-9.

I just don't see anything he's doing well this year.  He has yards because the scheme creates so many short easy throws.  And sure he hasn't been helped much.  I know I shouldn't be admitting this but part of me is starting to get curious what the team would look like with Sanchez (who I don't think is the answer but I think this can be an 11 win team with competent QB play and am worried against tougher competition and a better than expected NFC east you're looking at 8/9 wins unless Foles starts to drastically improve).

ice grillin you

Rome

No wonder you like that douchebag.

MDS

he hasnt done anything relevant since 1989...he needs to just stop talking

still can write though
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.