Nick Foles, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 27, 2012, 10:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on September 29, 2014, 01:31:59 PM
  Missed people down field a bunch. 

Rinse and repeat.  This is becoming an alarming trait.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

http://mobile.philly.com/sports/eagles/?wss=/philly/sports/eagles&id=278184321

Now there's a new nugget of info

That Foles and Bill Lazor didn't get along by the end of last year?

Eagaholic

To me the most troubling things about Foles is he isn't fixing his ongoing problens. He's regressing in his mechanics and is getting worse rather than better with making horrible high risk throws. This is more of  concern that his inaccuracy which I think can come back if he gets fully healthy and better protection.

MDS

or he just isnt and was never all that good

when youre scrimmaging for 7 tds against the oakland raiders you put ideas in peoples heads. but the reality is nick foles is nick foles and hes never gonna be peyton manning.

they can still win with him if a million things shake out right...such as richard sherman magically appearing as a starting corner...but really his future is as a game manager, veteran qb like carson palmer or something.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

He's 4-1 and Mark Sanchez is his backup.

Let's definitely replace him.

farging morons.

MDS

i never suggested replacing him.

the 2008 buffalo bills were 5-1 with trent edwards as their qb. nobody cares about foles and his awesome october record.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

im not going around town thumping the mark sanchez drum or anything but id replace foles with him in a heartbeat and not feel bad about it for a second....if i see foles throw off his back foot one more time im gonna lose it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagles_Legendz

Foles should play against the Giants obviously but I think you're looking at a different situation if the defense hadnt held this wk and against Washington when facing drives to win the game.  You'd have a lot of pressure and noise about Foles then.  There are other problems with how the offense is functioning but he seems to be more a liability than asset right now.  Can't complete anything downfield even when people are open.  Turning the ball over unnecessarily.  Floating the ball to the middle of the field off his back foot too frequently.  Most his yards are coming from bubble screens to wideouts or like 7 yard hitch routes.   I want him to be successful because im really not in the mood to do the whole search for a franchise QB thing again, but other than record and toughness I don't see much to support how he's played this year (or preseason for that matter).

PhillyPhreak54

His down field passing is awful and the back pedaling and throwing off his back foot is a violation of QB-101...hopefully when they watch film each time he does it Musgrave stops the tape and just gives him a WTF look

SD

There was no way it was happening with how Foles played last season but I wish we could go back in time and take Bridgewater over Smith.

Rome

1000% agree.

I'd take the little guy over Smith, though.

Rome

And by the way... I'm not saying Foles is the second coming of Christ by any means, but he's the best option they have at the moment.  Suggesting otherwise or constantly bitching about his deficiencies especially after wins is especially stupid IMO.

The defense is a flat out disgrace and that should be of paramount concern.

SD

Best option now, sure.

One of two things needs to happen if they're going forward with him as the future QB:

1. He steps his game up during the regular season. He needs to play smarter and make better decisions. He's not gifted enough as a QB or athlete to play sloppy. His QB rating is 81 and he's not even passing at 60%. You could insert Glennon/Fitzpatrick...Austin Davis...and get similar results in this offense.

2. He continues to play this way, they get into the playoffs, and he gets hot. Eli Manning style.

Otherwise they need to look for other options.

PhillyPhreak54

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2014/10/06/bissinger-says-foles-is-not-super-bowl-caliber-demands-apology-from-philly/

Apologize to Buzz, Philly! Now!

And as a gesture of your sorrow send him a gift card for some ladies clothes.

He's a clown.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: Rome on October 06, 2014, 09:05:25 AM
And by the way... I'm not saying Foles is the second coming of Christ by any means, but he's the best option they have at the moment.  Suggesting otherwise or constantly bitching about his deficiencies especially after wins is especially stupid IMO.

The defense is a flat out disgrace and that should be of paramount concern.

I actually disagree with that.  I thought the defense played well against the Niners especially considering they were spotted three extra possessions due to return touchdowns and played very well yesterday until they went into prevent mode annoyingly early in the game.  It was a disgrace versus Washington.  Other than that I think the D has been OK and played better than offense the last two weeks (which is troublesome because the D is merely average - the offense is what is supposed to be good).