Nick Foles, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 27, 2012, 10:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

im listening to buzz on angelo the legend now...this dude is off the reservation
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

he wrote 1 good book 25 years ago and hes basically acting like hes the goat....gotta respect it. dude is philly through and through.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on July 17, 2014, 02:42:12 PM
he wrote 1 good book 25 years ago and hes basically acting like hes the goat

yeah its kind of crazy that all hes done is that one measly book if you dont count the thousands of fantastic magazine and newspaper pieces hes written...one of which got him a little thing called a pulitzer

General_Failure

Was that one more full of purple prose than this article, or less? Or was it just Foles' high school bowl cut that made him whip out the thesaurus?

The man. The myth. The legend.

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Eagaholic

obviously buzz is a whiney little jilted media bitch.

he's not the only one around.

NC_Eagle

Been reading the 2014 Athlon football preview magazine, they have a stat called "Average Depth of Throw" to rank QBs. (distance each pass travels down field, complete or incomplete, not including YAC).

Nick was ranked 6/7 (tie) with 9.7 aDot, top was Kapernick with 10.2, 2nd was Eli with 10.1. Some other QBs of note were Peyton at 32 with 8.2, Brady at 19 with 8.9, Big Ben at 26 with 8.6.

Not the sole indicator of a great QB of course; Jay Cutler, Case Keenum and Carlson Palmer are in the top 10 also, but it does mean he gets the ball down-field more than most QBs. According to the article QBs with high aDot are aggressive and take chances on big plays with the potential for a big loss, low aDot are conservative and take the safe/secure route.

Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.

ice grillin you

Quote from: NC_Eagle on August 02, 2014, 09:20:27 AM
Not the sole indicator of a great QB of course

wait a second....aDot is NOT the sole indicator of QB play?

General_Failure

You have to combine it with ESPN's totally legitimate QB rating.

The man. The myth. The legend.

NC_Eagle

Quote from: General_Failure on August 02, 2014, 09:54:59 AM
You have to combine it with ESPN's totally legitimate QB rating.

No worse than the NFL QB rating in the context of present day passing offenses.  ::)

Just found the stat interesting since Nick gets knocked for arm strength but in Chip's offense (basically a jazzed up W/C) it's not that important, but they are still aggressive at completing passes in the mid range and Foles targets his passes deeper than most QBs in the league.
Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.

ice grillin you

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

BigEd76

Sgt PSN

Who the hell rents a conference room for a fantasy draft?  Draft party is Havas' basement?  Sure. Renting a conf room?  Gtfo.