Nick Foles, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 27, 2012, 10:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomahawk

Quote from: smeags on March 18, 2014, 08:25:24 PM
not everyone. some took the wait and see approach instead of projecting failure.

False

General_Failure

I called everyone in the world this afternoon. I only got a few answers because who the farg actually talks on the phone in this day and age, but the answers I got were all along the lines of "yeah, I thought it was a dumb pick at the time."

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: General_Failure on March 18, 2014, 05:49:04 PM
Everybody was down on him from the start. It was a dumb move to take a quarterback with that pick. It seems to be working okay now, but it didn't help Andy keep his job.

exactly...it has nothing to do with foles....it was a stupid and unecessary pick at the time

Quote from: General_Failure on March 18, 2014, 05:27:42 PM
That's only fair, since people seem to be pretty willing to do it to him over Foles. Saying he's slow, doesn't have a strong arm, and maybe a quarterback who was faster and had a stronger arm would be a better fit for this offense apparently means you want to just take a big shtein right in Foles' mouth.

how come you get it and the fan club is so dumb?....this isnt rocket science
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on March 18, 2014, 05:32:54 PM
yeah...on that arm strength complaint. 

http://birdbreakdown.com/2014/03/03/qb-velocity-rankings-nick-foles-has-an-objectively-strong-arm/

lol at "combine velocities"

when you start watching games you can chime in

his arm seems strong enough to me....but its def not strong...and its really bad if hes on the move...its also embarassingly bad for his size

Rome

General_Failure

It just barely beats out building up a nice froth over fake Jackson trade rumors.

smeags

i like a good froth once in a while.

opps ... wrong forum.  :paranoid
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 19, 2014, 07:22:57 AMblah blah blah

I gave you a link.  With charts.   Boom goes the dynamite.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

He was just following the directions in the footnotes.

QuoteFootnotes
(Seriously don't waste your time reading these. They're just obligatory explanations of why the data isn't perfect.)

NC_Eagle

Quote from: Rome on March 19, 2014, 07:42:11 AM
This conversation is neat.

I'm thinking most people in here get winded throwing the ball around the back yard.  :paranoid
Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.

shorebird

Quote from: Diomedes on March 18, 2014, 05:32:54 PM
He's been down on the guy from day one because he's white and goofy looking...has nothing to do with his play. 
igy been down on him from the start for no good reason, won't cop to it..what else is new.

Exactly.

Also, his arm strength is bad when he's on the move?? And particularly bad for his size? You're reaching man, embarrassing, really.

There were a lot of people saying it was a bad pick, I wasn't one of them, and after seeing him play a few games I wanted him over Vick ever since. I caught all kinds of racist bullshtein from igor and his little sidekick, too many beers at the legion, eastern shore rise, and all the other crap that is spewed from the sewer hole of his keyboard. He's still doing it. Been doing it from the start and GF doesn't see it or likes the donations too much.

ice grillin you

lol you wanted him over vick....you are a football genius!

vick is a pos qb and ive said it from the day he was acquired

i know its hard because you are an ancient backwoods white dood but you really need to let the racism go....the bitterness is making you think opposite things.....things like i love vick and hate foles

the mexicans have taken your jobs you cornhole cranial lump and you aint gettin them back.....DEAL with it!

Zanshin

Hbionic is in on this conspiracy? I KNEW it.

General_Failure

Quote from: shorebird on March 21, 2014, 06:46:10 AM
I caught all kinds of racist bullshtein from igor and his little sidekick, too many beers at the legion, eastern shore rise, and all the other crap that is spewed from the sewer hole of his keyboard. He's still doing it. Been doing it from the start and GF doesn't see it or likes the donations too much.

Or I think maybe the guy that drunk posted about pulling his daughter around by the hair to yell at her maybe could use a little mocking. Or maybe that's irrelevant and you sometimes have dumb opinions. Or maybe I only think the dogpile on IGY is fun when he's actually said something stupid.

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 27, 2012, 10:39:50 PM
terrible pick and it has nothing to do with the guy....i have no idea how he will turn out...its the position...they could have went in so many other directions that would have helped the team in the short term

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 27, 2012, 11:45:45 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 27, 2012, 11:40:28 PM
Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on April 27, 2012, 11:38:40 PM
This is the classic meh pick. Its not Teo, Smith, or Gocong bad but its not somethimg that is exciting.

Was just thinking that while this isn't an exciting pick, it's infinitely better than the project/hybrid guys the Eagles have been grabbing around this time in the draft over the years.

absolutely...like i said its the position not the player thats the problem....which is def better than picking an awful player

Man, I wish this stupid Skins fan would stop burying Foles, amirite? If you think money will change my mind please feel free to hit that PayPal button. Sure, they keep locking my account every three months for the last four years so that I can't put money in or take it out, but you might have better luck!

smeags

such a lovely online community here.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it